RK19 Has this happened to you

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #11  
First of all, sorry about your damage.
I can't see any other explanation other than either too long pto shaft that jammed the tractor, or the implement bounced up on that potential rock you mentioned creating a severe angle on the shaft putting high lateral stress on the tractor shaft.

I snapped off a lower hitch arm mounting point on my L4060 last year. It was cast into part of the transmission case (brake case) and set me back around $2000. This was 100% my fault... Mistakes happen.

If the dealer sold you both the tractor and the tiller one would assume that it was properly fitted. The tiller seemingly damaged the tractor during reasonable operation. I would push back a little harder.
I hope he gets some help but... It's a dead end unless the dealer also set up the shaft and implement. Matched and appropriate setup aren't the same.

/ RK19 Has this happened to you
Thing is I went back with a rear tine tiller, I found not a thing, no rocks sticks nothing. I've been working that ground for years. I bet if it was a cheap easy fix they'd fix it. But its a bank breaker so they won't. And blame me for the bad design. At least I have my Ford N to bush hog and till and pto with 40 yrs strong.

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #13  
Do some careful measuring of the pto shaft. If it can bind (too long) anywhere in the 3 point travel and if the dealer fitted it and if you haven't shortened the top link; I think you have a solid case that the dealer set up the implement improperly sizing the pto shaft. I suspect the tiller sprang up on some harder dirt or an obstacle and jammed the too long shaft.

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #15  
Maybe I can add something. I have a rk 21...aka 19, just bought a KK 48bx tiller for it from RK. When measuring the pto shaft to cut I've noticed, as the arms raise the tiller pto length shortens. Minimum pto length is when tiller is raised all the way up, maximum length is at working height. If I cut shaft to min length (when raised clear up)it only has 1 or 2 inches of engagement at maximum length (down at working height). I will be checking this again when I get time tomorrow. Unless I've missed something I dont think this tiller is gonna connect as it is now. Anyone else have a similar problem? I can see if you cut shaft to fit while tiller is sitting on the ground, then start tilling and hit a large rock which pushes tiller up it closes distance between tiller and tractor and causes damage as shown

/ RK19 Has this happened to you #16  
Ok I know this conversation started a year ago, but Ill post this for anyone who may run across as I did. Today I hooked a King Kutter 48BX tiller to my RK21. I dont think this tractor was designed to handle a 3 point pto powered implement, at least not something that operates below the plane of the wheels, eg. a tiller 6" in the ground.
I jacked the tractor up so that when the 3 point was all the way down tiller tines was just above floor level (this is MAX BELOW ground position). This position required the longest shaft length. Next I raised 3 point as high as it would go ( MAX ABOVE ground position). This position required the shortest shaft length.
If you cut the shaft to accommodate the shortest distance (as you should), it WILL NOT be long enough to stay engaged when it is in the lowest position . I cut each section of shaft at 7 1/2 inches, measuring from the ring that locks the shield on each shaft. This left about 1/8 inch of travel between the shafts when 3 point is all the way up. I have what looked like about 2" of engagement on the shaft when the tiller tines were about 4" in the ground. There is not much room for error in sizing a tiller pto shaft on a RK 21.
I will remark that when the tiller is all the way up it is plenty high enough for traveling. If there was a way to limit the upward travel of the 3 point the shaft could be cut a little longer. I chose to err on the short side so pto damage is avoided by too long a shaft and live with the possibility of shaft disengagement when tiller is deep in the ground. Its the lesser of 2 evils.
Hope this helps, we'll see how well it works this fall when I till the corn stubble in.