RK Tractors Price Change

/ RK Tractors Price Change #1  

RK Tractor Guy

Manufacturer
Tractor
every model
To All RK Tractors Forum Viewers and Posters: As we mentioned in previous threads some time ago, we plan to make one price change per year, on Jan 1st. This way, the price sticks through the year, and prospective buyers don't have to worry about seeing one price one day and another the next. Further, our advertised price is the selling price. You never have to wonder if you got the best deal through the traditional "haggling" session so inherent to the tractor, car and many other types of high dollar products. We have an arrangement with our tractor manufacturing partner TYM where the price they charge us changes just once per year, and does so only if their costs change. Yes, prices will go up a bit for 2019, but so will those of our competitors, and we will still be the lowest priced under 60-HP brand in the U.S.

This note is being sent as a courtesy to anyone that is thinking about buying one of our tractors and would want to be aware that a price increase is coming so they can decide to buy before the increase. We will honor all orders that a customer places prior to Jan 1st, which can be done with either a 10% deposit or signed loan contract. As the specific increase is not yet published, we are not able to share specifics on this forum.

/ RK Tractors Price Change #2  
To All RK Tractors Forum Viewers and Posters: As we mentioned in previous threads some time ago, we plan to make one price change per year, on Jan 1st. This way, the price sticks through the year, and prospective buyers don't have to worry about seeing one price one day and another the next. Further, our advertised price is the selling price. You never have to wonder if you got the best deal through the traditional "haggling" session so inherent to the tractor, car and many other types of high dollar products. We have an arrangement with our tractor manufacturing partner TYM where the price they charge us changes just once per year, and does so only if their costs change. Yes, prices will go up a bit for 2019, but so will those of our competitors, and we will still be the lowest priced under 60-HP brand in the U.S.

This note is being sent as a courtesy to anyone that is thinking about buying one of our tractors and would want to be aware that a price increase is coming so they can decide to buy before the increase. We will honor all orders that a customer places prior to Jan 1st, which can be done with either a 10% deposit or signed loan contract. As the specific increase is not yet published, we are not able to share specifics on this forum.

I am not about to buy a RK tractor, or any other tractor, but that is a good consumer oriented "heads up".

/ RK Tractors Price Change #3  
Hi,

I like the idea of no "haggling". I am somewhat surprised that some buyers disapprove of that philosophy.

Anyhow, was there a price increase in January of 2018 and if so, what was the per cent increase? Specifically for the RK55 models.

Thanks,
Chris

/ RK Tractors Price Change #4  
Hi,

I like the idea of no "haggling". I am somewhat surprised that some buyers disapprove of that philosophy.

Anyhow, was there a price increase in January of 2018 and if so, what was the per cent increase? Specifically for the RK55 models.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, Doug can correct me if I’m wrong but in another thread here I believe he stated the price on the RK55 models has not increased since their introduction.

/ RK Tractors Price Change
Chris, Doug can correct me if I知 wrong but in another thread here I believe he stated the price on the RK55 models has not increased since their introduction.

That is correct. We launched RK Tractors in April 2017 and the prices have not changed since, other than we raised the prices on the loaders for the RK19 and RK24 when we went to quick-attach as standard and all backhoes when we made the mechanical thumb standard.

/ RK Tractors Price Change #8  
Hi,

Ordered my RK55 HSC yesterday, 12/22/18.

FYI: I was told by the sales rep at my local RK that particular tractor will undergo $2,000 price increase in January.

Merry Christmas!

/ RK Tractors Price Change
Hi,

Ordered my RK55 HSC yesterday, 12/22/18.

FYI: I was told by the sales rep at my local RK that particular tractor will undergo $2,000 price increase in January.

Merry Christmas!

The RK55HC price for tractor and loader is indeed increasing by $2k on Jan 1. We have not had a price increase since launching in April 2017 even though we have had cost increases along the way. The engine manufacturer Yanmar raised their prices to our tractor manufacturer and the key supplier of the hydro on the 55 also increased their price. Note that the RK55HC is the only tractor increasing by $2k, no other model increases by more than $1k. All we are doing is maintaining the same profit level that we had when we started, and have been very transparent with our pricing, this very thread is an example. Important to note that the prices are up with all competitors, so our price advantage remains the same even with this 2019 increase.

/ RK Tractors Price Change #10  
RK Tractor Guy,

No complaints here around your price increase.
Your tractors are very reasonably priced and price increases are simply a part of doing business.
I have been on the fence considering this purchase since April,2018.
My local RK Tractor sales person was watching out for me when he gave me the increase info.
That sealed the deal for me and I ordered.
I passed this info along in hopes I might save some other prospective buyer $2K.
Thanks!