RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #1  

DavenFla

Tractor
RK 37 HST
Who's done their own 50 hr service on their RK37 HST? Interested to know if you went to/with RK for parts and lubricants, or did you source them else where? Did anyone send off the oil for analysis to Blackstone Labs?

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #2  
I don't own a RK tractor but do all my services and use factory oem filters not that much of a price difference on my tractors...

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #4  
DavenFla, I did my first 50 hour service myself without a hitch. The trans holds 9 gallons of fluid and that's quite a lot so be prepared to have something to hold that much. I bought all supplies at my local RK but will purchase the oil else where for the next service. Not that there was an issue with the RK product it's just that I run Amsoil in everything I have with a motor other than my lawn mower. I would have used Amsoil in the tractor for the first service except I contacted Amsoil and they recommended to use a regular oil until at least 100 hours to allow the rings to seat properly. Cost of the oil is considerably cheaper if you join the preferred customer plan for something like $15 a year. I didn't do the oil analysis since 50 hours isn't that long of a run time and the test cost more than the cost of new oil and filter.

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #5  
My mahindra 2538 is the same tractor with a mahindra engine. Service was simple, I ordered my parts online. Most of those prices were pretty normal except for the fuel filter, mine was 47 dollars.

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #6  
$22.49 for a quart of transmission oil? Must be yet another typo on that list.

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service
DavenFla, I did my first 50 hour service myself without a hitch. The trans holds 9 gallons of fluid and that's quite a lot so be prepared to have something to hold that much. I bought all supplies at my local RK but will purchase the oil else where for the next service. Not that there was an issue with the RK product it's just that I run Amsoil in everything I have with a motor other than my lawn mower. I would have used Amsoil in the tractor for the first service except I contacted Amsoil and they recommended to use a regular oil until at least 100 hours to allow the rings to seat properly. Cost of the oil is considerably cheaper if you join the preferred customer plan for something like $15 a year. I didn't do the oil analysis since 50 hours isn't that long of a run time and the test cost more than the cost of new oil and filter.
I'll probably wait on the oil analysis too.

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #8  
DavenFla, as others have mentioned, some of those prices are incorrect. I don't have the receipt any longer since that was over a year ago. Since my RK store where I purchased my tractor is about 30 miles away I called the lead rep and asked him if everything was on hand for my 50 hour before I made the trip to not get every thing. He told me to contact him when I got to the store and he would have all the required supplies ready. If I remember correctly it was a little over $200 for the engine oil, 9 gallons of hydraulic fluid, gear oil and two filters. There are several grades of hydraulic fluid at RK so make sure you get the correct one. Have a great weekend.......

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service #9  
Dave, I forgot to mention it but be sure that the engine oil is diesel specific. Automotive oil comes in the same viscosity but doesn't have the wear capability of the diesel oil.

/ RK 37 HST 50 hour initial service
Dave, I forgot to mention it but be sure that the engine oil is diesel specific. Automotive oil comes in the same viscosity but doesn't have the wear capability of the diesel oil.
Thanks... I'm aware since I own multiple diesels.