RK 19

/ RK 19 #1  

joewilshire

Bronze Member
Can the RK 19 be equipped with a backhoe? Will it be an option soon?
Thanks

/ RK 19 #2  
No there does not appear to be a backhoe for this model. I don’t think I would want to put one on it. It is way to small and light.

/ RK 19 #3  
joewilshire

The Mahindra eMax20s is Mahindra's version of the RK19. Both machines are basically the same and both are manufactured by TYM of South Korea.
They are built to Mahindra's or Rural King's specs. The Mahindra eMax20s does have a backhoe as an option. I saw one at my local Mahindra dealer last week. The Mahindra eMax20s may cost more that the RK19, but you can get a backhoe for it.

/ RK 19 #4  
joewilshire

The Mahindra eMax20s is Mahindra's version of the RK19. Both machines are basically the same and both are manufactured by TYM of South Korea.
They are built to Mahindra's or Rural King's specs. The Mahindra eMax20s does have a backhoe as an option. I saw one at my local Mahindra dealer last week. The Mahindra eMax20s may cost more that the RK19, but you can get a backhoe for it.

Wow, I went on TYM’s website and they themselves did not list a hoe for that machine. Maybe they were in the process of making one. IMG_2389.JPG

Mahindra does list one on their website, but I think I can find better things to spend $5,600 on then a tiny backhoe. It beats using a shovel but pricy.

Last edited:
   / RK 19 #5  
Yeah Btown,

Mahindra tractors, attachments, and implements seem to be getting pretty expensive now. Five years or more ago that wasn't the case.

/ RK 19 #6  
RK does not offer a backhoe for the RK19, but with an additional DCV and the Mahindra backhoe it would work. I personally would not want one, I own and run a RK19, too light for any major digging, beats a shovel; however.

/ RK 19 #7  
RK does not offer a backhoe for the RK19, but with an additional DCV and the Mahindra backhoe it would work. I personally would not want one, I own and run a RK19, too light for any major digging, beats a shovel; however.
We chose not to offer the BH on the RK19 for a number of reasons, namely we think the 24HP and associated frame size is the first tractor class for meaningful BH applications. Secondly, the price point is too close that that of the BH6.5, the RK24 backhoe. Business and performance reasons. Limited application and a very small market. Our take-rate of BH on the RK24 is now close to 45%, due to the price ($4999 with thumb, 12" bucket and full sub-frame) and capability. It is a brute for its class.

/ RK 19 #8  
Its worth the upgrade to the 24.....I debated for a while too between the 19 and 24 but my wife talked me into the 24 and suggested we would use the backhoe. Good tractor....I only have about an acre of property, but I have stage 4 cancer, and it makes easy work of spreading mulch, gravel, digging up tree stumps, and just good to have to move snow with too. I can't wait till spring, just to get on tractor and dig a hole and be back in the fresh air again

/ RK 19 #9  
I know the OP would like to save the $3,000 or so difference between the RK19 and the RK24, but I'm not sure he would be happy with a 700 lb backhoe hanging off the back of the RK19. There would be a lot of the tail wagging the dog effect. The RK24 would be a much better platform for that sort of work.