Risk Article about spaying for weeds.

/ Risk Article about spaying for weeds. #3  
And the lack of milk weed is killing off the Monarch Butterfly.

/ Risk Article about spaying for weeds.
My FIL passed in 2009 but had lost all of his hives more like 10 years earlier so what ever the cause of the bee kill-off it is serious.

/ Risk Article about spaying for weeds. #5  
My bee die off was caused by a bear, smashed 3 hives. I normally can catch a swarm but I heard the guy down the road from me lost 19 of 20 hives. Bad year for die off. Spring took forever to come.

/ Risk Article about spaying for weeds. #6  
I bet you can't get one guy that claims any herbicide is perfectly safe to drink one 8 oz glass of the stuff.

/ Risk Article about spaying for weeds.
I bet you can't get one guy that claims any herbicide is perfectly safe to drink one 8 oz glass of the stuff.

There was one guy that did to prove the point but I think he is dead now. :)

/ Risk Article about spaying for weeds. #8  
That herbicide article, as reported would not meet any scientific tests and of no use, so don't believe a bit of it.

First, they made no distinction between the many herbicides on the market--there are huge differences between the many herbicides available. Some herbicides us arsenic as an ingredient. Roundup, OTOH, has no arsenic and affects an enzyme that only plants use. 2,4-d simply makes a small rearrangement of a part of the indole acetic acid molecule, changing a normal plant hormone into an herbicide. Was the predominant crop in the study area one in which one of the more toxic herbicides is frequently used? Secondly, the sample size was too small--those results could easily come by chance--you need large numbers to make valid conclusions. Nothing was said about the location--were the farmers dispersed across France, or was it a local area where those with problems may have had wells drawn from one location vs. another location for the healthy location. A little thought could find many more faults with this "study", but dinner is ready.

Last edited:
   / Risk Article about spaying for weeds. #10  
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Farmers who used weedkillers were more than twice as likely to be treated for depression than farmers who didn't use the chemicals in a new study from France.

Whether the weedkillers are causing depression "is not clear," said Marc Weisskopf, the study's lead author and an associate professor at the Harvard School of Public Health. "But (the result) suggests we should not be ignoring herbicides just because they're targeting plants."

Or maybe farmers with a lot of weeds are just depressed because, well they have a lot of weeds ;) Or maybe farmers who care enough to spray their weeds have more stress and are more likely to get depressed. Where as farmers with a Laissez-Faire attitude about weeds are more stress-free

;)

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Heavy duty plate compactor (A32932)
Heavy duty plate...
2022 Bomag BW900-50 Roller (A32803)
2022 Bomag...
HURST BUMPER PULL (NEW) (A32908)
HURST BUMPER PULL...
2012 Ford F-250 Pickup Truck, VIN # 1FT7X2B64CEA44517 (A32908)
2012 Ford F-250...
2017 Ford Transit Connect (A32932)
2017 Ford Transit...
Bobcat 80" Severe Duty Bucket (A32803)
Bobcat 80" Severe...