Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #21  
Did some heavy loader work this past week and definitely felt that the tires were filled. All but confirmed it after bleeding the valve stems, but good to know nonetheless. In summary - dealer thought they only filled each tire with 10 gallons, but turns out they actually overfilled them. Good for me as I only paid for 10 gallons in each tire. Thanks for the help everyone.

Kioti finally got back to me on recommended pressures for R14 tires on their CK series tractors. They recommend between 23 and 29 psi for both the front and rear, and closer to 29 psi for the front if using a front end loader.
I know that a lot of people go with what the manufacture suggests,
but I'd think that the 23 to 29 psi in the rear would be with a tractor being used with the max allowable weight on the rear axle.
That is very seldom the case, From what I've read and seen most R14's are 6 or 8 ply tires.
If these are your tires they are rated for over 4000# per tire at 30 psi.
If they were mine I'd be trying down around 15 psi and looking for a decent sidewall bulge and the longer foot print on the ground.
But it is an individuals preference and what they want for performance from the tractor and how the lead lag is on the tractor as varying the tire pressure will effect the lead lag ratios.

1664969176315.png

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #22  
What did you pay for your 10 gallons of rimguard? I just got a quote for 6 bucks a gallon, and that seemed like too much.

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected
What did you pay for your 10 gallons of rimguard? I just got a quote for 6 bucks a gallon, and that seemed like too much.
Does that price include labor? Each dealer I called was between $3 and $4 per gallon for material, then 1-2 hours of labor at their standard rate. I was only charged for 10 gallons per tire, but luckily actually received over 30 gal per tire as you can see from this thread. Their labor rate was quite high though, so at the end of the day it was a fair price of about $400 total for 60 gallons including taxes and labor.

/ Rim Guard ballast fill issue - dealer filled 10 gal vs 30 gal expected #24  

I was quoted about $5/gallon including labor earlier this summer, but needed to buy $50 metal valve stems. I opted to fill myself with washer fluid, it was surprisingly easy.