Right Front Wheel Hub Broke

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #1  

Craiger-mags

Tractor
LS
Hi gang, I have a 2020 LS Tractor XU6168C Tractor with 49 hours on it. While moving piles of snow with the loader a month ago I experienced a catastrophic failure to the from hub. It appears to be a poor casting in the place that bolts onto the axles. That cast broke all away around from the plate. I have attached pictures. The dealer has it in the shop now to perform the warranty repair to it. I was wondering if anyone has had problems like this ? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• right front wheel hub breakage 012922.jpg
    right front wheel hub breakage 012922.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 214
  • right front wheel hub breakage b 012922.jpg
    right front wheel hub breakage b 012922.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 191
  • right front wheel hub breakage c 012922.jpg
    right front wheel hub breakage c 012922.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 183
   / Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #2  
pic 1 and 3
Interesting there is no oil leaking... break looks completely dry

right pic 2 of 3
what is the blob looking material on the main axle side? Almost looks like a weld or sealant painted over

50 hour new machine?

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #3  
Yikes!! that is not cool for 49 hours....

Should be looking at a 50 hour service not something like that!!!

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke
There was a significant fluid loss when this cracked. The Blob you call it is the cracked and separated cast iron pieced that broke or tore away from the plate that bolts to the axle housing. Sorry i don't know what the part is called officially. I will post what I find out from the technician that fixes this. I can tell you also the four wheel operation quit when this piece broke.

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #5  
Yikes very sorry to here this news !
180 hours on my LS XR4155 and so far no significant problems.
Please keep us informed how getting it fixed under warranty goes.

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #6  
There was a significant fluid loss when this cracked. The Blob you call it is the cracked and separated cast iron pieced that broke or tore away from the plate that bolts to the axle housing. Sorry i don't know what the part is called officially. I will post what I find out from the technician that fixes this. I can tell you also the four wheel operation quit when

I zoomed in on what looks really odd.

Attachments

• right front wheel hub breakage b 012922 (2).jpg
    right front wheel hub breakage b 012922 (2).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 117
   / Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #7  

Read my post and see if it helps you.

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #8  
Woa ouch. I routinely move piles of snow. Sorta worried a little bit when I push into a pile I'm going to wear out parts on the FEL... I do get the front tires spinning ... could happen if one tire all of a sudden hit solid ground on 1 side and get a lot of traction all of a sudden. bam... slipping and a lot of low torque power = broken ****.

/ Right Front Wheel Hub Broke #9  
Craiger-mags any updates? is no news Good News?