RickB New Holland Model Numbers?

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers? #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
Rick,
As I look at the New Holland tractors, I'm getting confused by the model designation. I see TN95DA's TD95D's etc and they are both in the same HP class but what's the significance of the second letter in the model number? And the newer verersion are like T5050, etc. Could you please explain what these model numbers denote?

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers? #2  
if you are looking for new model numbers, the TN and TD-D are outdated models. THe Tn series in now the T4000 series, T4020,T4030,T4040,T4050 50,62,70,80 pto horsepower. These tractors are a lower profile, lower center of gravity compared to other models that are the same hp. They are good for cities, chicken houses, road side mowing etc. they are a nicer medium utility sized tractor..........the TD-D series (TD95D) is now the TD5000 series, the TD5030 is 62 pto hp and the TD5050 is 80 pto hp. they are a little bigger than the T4000 and priced a little better. they are a pretty basic tractor but come with some nice options..........THE T5000 is a little bigger than the TD, and gives you T5040, T5050, T5060, T5070 as model options being....70,80,90,96, pto hp. THe TL-A series was the previous model number. THey are a nicer series, with more options such as power shuttle tranmission. hope this helps.

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers?
if you are looking for new model numbers, the TN and TD-D are outdated models. THe Tn series in now the T4000 series, T4020,T4030,T4040,T4050 50,62,70,80 pto horsepower. These tractors are a lower profile, lower center of gravity compared to other models that are the same hp. They are good for cities, chicken houses, road side mowing etc. they are a nicer medium utility sized tractor..........the TD-D series (TD95D) is now the TD5000 series, the TD5030 is 62 pto hp and the TD5050 is 80 pto hp. they are a little bigger than the T4000 and priced a little better. they are a pretty basic tractor but come with some nice options..........THE T5000 is a little bigger than the TD, and gives you T5040, T5050, T5060, T5070 as model options being....70,80,90,96, pto hp. THe TL-A series was the previous model number. THey are a nicer series, with more options such as power shuttle tranmission. hope this helps.

Do any of those designators indicate whether the tractor is built in Italy or Turkey? I know there have been issues with Turkish built tractors.

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers? #4  
Jerry/MT said:
Do any of those designators indicate whether the tractor is built in Italy or Turkey? I know there have been issues with Turkish built tractors.

The TT series could be Turkey or India. It will say on the number tag where it came from

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers? #5  
actually the TT-A series or what is now the workmaster series, is built in India. Great tractors. no issues. i believe the TD series is built in turkey. we personally havent seen any issues with them. what issues have you heard about?

actually the TT-A series or what is now the workmaster series, is built in India. Great tractors. no issues. i believe the TD series is built in turkey. we personally havent seen any issues with them. what issues have you heard about?

I believe I saw them in this forum under Owning and Operating. If my memeory serves me correctly ( that's a bif IF...), they were transmission and hydraulics related and they may have been on the Case versions of these machines; the JX 80's and 95's etc. series maybe.

Do you work for a NH dealership?

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers? #7  
yes i am a salesman for a new holland dealership. THe transmission on the TD5000 has been flawless. of course i say that and watch someone call with an issue.....haha.......hydraulic wise, havent seen anything other than there were a few tractors that were produced and the housing for the hydraulic filter was manufactured a little "off" and after a while it would suck enough air in and cause the power steering to fail. that has been corrected and everything is good.

yes i am a salesman for a new holland dealership. THe transmission on the TD5000 has been flawless. of course i say that and watch someone call with an issue.....haha.......hydraulic wise, havent seen anything other than there were a few tractors that were produced and the housing for the hydraulic filter was manufactured a little "off" and after a while it would suck enough air in and cause the power steering to fail. that has been corrected and everything is good.

Thanks for that info.. What about the TD95D that preceeded the T5000?

/ RickB New Holland Model Numbers? #9  
as far as i am aware it had no problems with the housing or trans. and again this is going by the tractors we have sold and that customers, tell us about. THe TD-D and TD5000 around our part of texas anyway, is a BIG saler. We move a lot of them. so i would think if there were any other problems or issues we would have run into them.

as far as i am aware it had no problems with the housing or trans. and again this is going by the tractors we have sold and that customers, tell us about. THe TD-D and TD5000 around our part of texas anyway, is a BIG saler. We move a lot of them. so i would think if there were any other problems or issues we would have run into them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I was refering to re: tranny problems. It turned out to be a bad seal which allowed fluid to leak and it dammaged a synchro in the tranny at 185 hrs and just off warranty!
yThis from a TBN post

There were significant changes between the JX series and the new TD / Farmall tractor. The JX's were assembled in Turkey and I think the new series is assembled in Italy. They also use the TL engines now. I'm happy with the Farmall so far, but I have just 60 hours on it. The engine is much smoother and the cab is quieter as well.

My JX had a synchro issue at 185 hours and I couldn't even get the shuttle in forward or neutral. I had to back it onto the trailer to take it to the dealer. The mechanic called it a "Zetor" and said he has lots of "problems" with the JX series, but who knows. That was in early August and I don't even have the tractor back yet. Case is paying for half of the repairs but I'll still be out about $2500. I'm not real happy with how it played out so I'm just looking around, mostly because of the dealer. Also, I'm now about 40 miles from the dealer whereas I was only 7 miles away on my old farm. The closest dealer now is JD so it just makes sense to check them out.

The bottom line, as always, is the quality of your dealer.

BTW, the JX had it's issues one month after I bought the Farmall otherwise I might already have a Kubuto or JD. I may end up with two Farmall's if I can get the dealer to work out a good trade-in deal for the JX, but that doesn't look promising at this point.