Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet

/ Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet #1  

MFWD

Silver Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC35D with cab, a 2007 New Holland Skid Steer and a 1970's 154 Cub Lo-Boy, 2016 John Deere XUV 550 Gator

Hello,
Does anybody out there use a Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet. It is the auto-darkening type. It is only $59.98 on Amazon, which I thought was a good price. I like the fact that the carbon fiber makes it real light in weight. I'm thinking about buying one and just thought you guys might give me some actual user info on it.

MFWD

/ Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet #2  
I’d be worried about arc flash with one that competitively priced. If you have a 2 1/2” helmet now take a look at the ArcOne Tradesmen. About the same price but a highly respected and recommended brand in the industry.

If the big lens is needed Lincoln and Jackson have some hoods that auto dark but they are $100 or more.

Unfortunately with arc flash you don’t really get the option to go inexpensive to get you by. It’s either a good auto darkening or about any standard lens and face mask.

Most would tell you to start with a shade 10.

/ Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet #3  

Hello,
Does anybody out there use a Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet. It is the auto-darkening type. It is only $59.98 on Amazon, which I thought was a good price. I like the fact that the carbon fiber makes it real light in weight. I'm thinking about buying one and just thought you guys might give me some actual user info on it.

MFWD

Other considerations are solar vs solar with battery back up or battery only. In the long run something with a battery will live longer than solar alone. There must be a thousand choices out there so I would suggest buy the best one in your budget. 4 sensors is a must for Tig and warranty is another. Some hoods out there have a 3 year warranty. I think most protect your eyes to shade 15 or so and there aren't a lot of secrets out there so there are plenty of good ones for under $150.

/ Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet #4  
Batteries (sealed in) died in my AD helmet from lack if sunlight.... Replacement electronics has replaceable batteries (2 AAA) I would consider that feature in any future helmet purchases I may make....

Dale

/ Rhino Large View carbon fiber RH01 welding helmet #5  

Hello,

MFWD

For $59 I highly doubt you are getting a carbon fiber helmet. It is most likely a molded polyethylene plastic with a carbon fiber fabric print to make it cool looking. Weight I would guess is very similar to other cheap helmets in that price range.