Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,431  
Content of retirees posts can be quite revealing about our world views. Work is the social/activity outlet for many. Some look forward towards personal growth and some will do the opposite. Having 15 animals around your place and spending time in nature every day works for some and not for others. Being negative and controlling of others is a major health risk. Retirement can bring the best and/or worse of our traits out for the world to see. :)
Gayle,

I agree. I too live surrounded by nature and enjoy being in it. I can keep myself busy after retirement. My father in law retired and bought a bass boat even though he didn't fish much at all during his working years. Took it out a few times and it sit for years.

I carve stone and my wife works with jewelry and mosaics. We also have a nice garden with peach and cherry trees. If it's cold/rainy, we are in our shops.

People need a backlog of things that either need doing or want to do.....

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,432  
I'm 90+% gray, a little of others except yellow.
According to a color chart I'm "fossil" .

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,433  
Who wants to retire? My job is too fun to retire from! Not even close, anyway.
When I retire, I’ll be horizontal in a field, work boots laced, ready for my Lord.
Rocking chair be damned! :)

Now….about those knee replacements…..
My maternal grandfather was a farmer in central Minnesota. He came in for lunch at noon and had a nap for 1/2 an hour every day.
One day in mid April he got up and walked out of his house. He was going to service his farm equipment and while walking across the farm yard he fell down quite dead! Massive heart attack. His daughter found him in the yard ( that's what motivated her to become a nurse). He was 86 Y.O. if memory serves. R.I.P. Grandpa!

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,435  
Content of retirees posts can be quite revealing about our world views. Work is the social/activity outlet for many. Some look forward towards personal growth and some will do the opposite. Having 15 animals around your place and spending time in nature every day works for some and not for others. Being negative and controlling of others is a major health risk. Retirement can bring the best and/or worse of our traits out for the world to see. :)
All a personal decision. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,436  
My friends are mostly outside of work, or from previous jobs. I have more time to socialize now that I retired.
Absolutely. I socialized with a friend I rarely see for 20 minutes today because we ran into each other at Casey's. Both retired. Both said we don't have time for a job anymore. :cool:

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
#2,437  
#2,438  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,439  
#2,440