Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,401  
Genetics is the slave of Epigenetics!
Actually you have that exactly backwards. :)

If I plant yellow corn is it possible for me to harvest white corn? Regardless how I treat that corn plant in the end it is going to produce yellow corn. Genetics.

The amount and quality of corn it produces, Epigenetics. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
#2,402  

If I plant yellow corn is it possible for me to harvest white corn? Regardless how I treat that corn plant in the end it is going to produce yellow corn. Genetics.

Please consider stopping make it medical statements that are not correct and can be harmful to the general public.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,403  
Please consider stopping make it medical statements that are not correct and can be harmful to the general public.
A person in the general public that lives their lives based on anything you or I say on an Internet Forum has more pressing problems.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,404  
WSJ has interesting articles today on retirement. One chart in particular stood out to me.

retirement.JPG

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,405  

Treat hydrangea's with different amounts of acidity and see what happens.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,406  
Treat hydrangea's with different amounts of acidity and see what happens.
I was referring to the genetic makeup of yellow corn and not necessarily the color. Just trying to think of an example and that popped in my head. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,407  
WSJ has interesting articles today on retirement. One chart in particular stood out to me.

View attachment 796554
That's very interesting. Big spread in the 62-64 age, I wonder if that has anything to do with waiting for Medicare? Am I reading this right that 29% of 70+ yr olds wait that long to retire? And would the large spread be skewed because of premature death?

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,408  
That's very interesting. Big spread in the 62-64 age, I wonder if that has anything to do with waiting for Medicare? Am I reading this right that 29% of 70+ yr olds wait that long to retire? And would the large spread be skewed because of premature death?
While I agree it is an interesting chart, it is a bit of apples to oranges comparison.

The first question is asking current workers, while the second question asks currently retired folks. i.e. different populations. I think that it would be interesting to ask the question over several decades and see how it evolves.

Thought provoking at least. Thanks @riptides.

All the best,

Peter

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,409  
Man, 109, who still drives his car every day has simple tips for long life

This is encouraging because I want to be walking, talking and driving to my 110th Birthday Bash.
Gale,

My grandfather lived to 108, he was driving still at 105. Retired farmer...Born 1900-Died in 2008

He was still cleaning his gutters at 100. He outlived my grandmother by 35 years. He had a few girlfriends over the years but he lived all them too.

We think he died of boredom, very poor sight and very poor hearing. Couldn't read or watch/hear TV

It was amazing what he saw in his long life, first cars, to the moon landing. He was to young for WWI, to old for WWII.