Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,211  
One boomer "dividing line" that I have seen separated the "draft-eligible" from the "post draft" population of boomers. This does make some sense since the draft-eligible population faced a reality that every generation since has not.
As a relatively early boomer (born 1950), I noticed another dividing line right about my age. Kids a couple years older tended to be more "50s kids", while those only a couple years younger were more "Woodstock generation". Thinking back to my high school class, it seemed that we didn't really fit either group...more of a cusp year. Much more anti-war sentiment among those younger than me than older. Likewise beer vs pot.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,212  
Greg was answering a question about current bank failures and went deep into what crypto is and is not. This was the first time I've ever understood Bitcoin and why and when and how to use it.

Trending at the top of Amazon right now is Space Force Major Jason Lowery's paper on using Bitcoin's technology as a way to secure information exchange but also that the Treasury should hold Bitcoin as a reserve currency as a "softwar" against other nations.

Meanwhile, it took less than a week for the Federal Reserve to announce a digital dollar that isn't tied to anything whatsoever after China announced its first liquid natural gas deal with the French trading in yuan instead of petrol-dollars and the additional announcement that China is building a refinery in the UAE.

Meanwhile, from the I-can't-make-this-up-files is the Doge-Father's actions today. Musk is known as the "Doge-Father," and since dogecoin was originally developed as a joke, meme-coin, by 2021 Dogecoin had morphed into a real coin. For his part, Musk has been a fan of Dogecoin and since Musk's sense of humor loves irony, Musk once stated,

"Arguably the most entertaining outcome, the most ironic outcome, would be that Dogecoin becomes the currency of Earth of the future."

Given Musk's open support for Dogecoin, it isn't without irony that a group of investors have a huge $258B dollar lawsuit against Musk for "pumping" Dogecoin. Today Musk asked a judge to drop the lawsuit, and as the King of Twitter Trolls, he switched the Tritter Bird Logo to the Dogecoin logo. Meanwhile, it is widely been believed that Musk intends to switch payments to Dogecoin on Twitter.

339430891_252425980473807_1443876133910385498_n.jpg

Fs0GS5saQAAnBNN.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
#2,213  
Trending at the top of Amazon right now is Space Force Major Jason Lowery's paper on using Bitcoin's technology as a way to secure information exchange but also that the Treasury should hold Bitcoin as a reserve currency as a "softwar" against other nations.

Meanwhile, it took less than a week for the Federal Reserve to announce a digital dollar that isn't tied to anything whatsoever after China announced its first liquid natural gas deal with the French trading in yuan instead of petrol-dollars and the additional announcement that China is building a refinery in the UAE.

Meanwhile, from the I-can't-make-this-up-files is the Doge-Father's actions today. Musk is known as the "Doge-Father," and since dogecoin was originally developed as a joke, meme-coin, by 2021 Dogecoin had morphed into a real coin. For his part, Musk has been a fan of Dogecoin and since Musk's sense of humor loves irony, Musk once stated,

"Arguably the most entertaining outcome, the most ironic outcome, would be that Dogecoin becomes the currency of Earth of the future."

Given Musk's open support for Dogecoin, it isn't without irony that a group of investors have a huge $258B dollar lawsuit against Musk for "pumping" Dogecoin. Today Musk asked a judge to drop the lawsuit, and as the King of Twitter Trolls, he switched the Tritter Bird Logo to the Dogecoin logo. Meanwhile, it is widely been believed that Musk intends to switch payments to Dogecoin on Twitter.

View attachment 793154

View attachment 793155
That's a lot to unpack plus it is funny. Musk may turn Remote Viewing into a meme as more learns it's power. I did not know it had foretold the EV evolution would be behind us by 2045.

Last edited:
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,214  
That is funny. Musk may turn Remote Viewing into a meme as more learns it's power.
That second photo is a snapshot of Twitter from a year ago between WallStreetBets (which I'm part of the group) and Musk.

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 5.13.35 PM.png

and of, course, after the short squeeze.

IMG_3273.JPG

I have way too many coffee mugs.

337150349_178110001688010_7738587990127852310_n.jpg

#2,215  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,216  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,217  
#2,219  
School closures spread as Japan struggles with depopulation

The lack of babies is a daily discussion around the world and is having an outside impact on retirement and businesses like McDonald's.

If it wasn't for Mexico our community would be in serious trouble today. Farming would.have already grounded to a halt. Last month we got a new 15 SQ GAF Timberline HDZ roof in 8 hours. More and more are paying into SS.

I find reading foreign news is a cheap way to travel in retirement. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,220  
School closures spread as Japan struggles with depopulation

The lack of babies is a daily discussion around the world and is having an outside impact on retirement and businesses like McDonald's.

If it wasn't for Mexico our community would be in serious trouble today. Farming would.have already grounded to a halt. Last month we got a new 15 SQ GAF Timberline HDZ roof in 8 hours. More and more are paying into SS.

I find reading foreign news is a cheap way to travel in retirement. :)
Certainly not here. Surprised it's that way in Kentucky.