Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #991  
I don't understand. Why would you sell assets at less than market price? I do have to admit that I bought my assets at far less than market price, so it happens, but that took years of value shopping.

If you're old and want to stay in your home and reley upon Home Health and others to help you along, you better have a lot of money that is liquid and easy accessible. Otherwise they will put a lein on your place and your wife will have to sell all your stuff at fire sale prices to fund this.

My mom is paying 10K a month for my 88 year old grandpa right now for home care. You don't want to see the facility they put people that can't afford care. There is not Home Health care for people that can't afford to pay the man. They put them all in one giant slow death camp.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #992  
I don't understand. Why would you sell assets at less than market price? I do have to admit that I bought my assets at far less than market price, so it happens, but that took years of value shopping.
I think he was being sarcastic, being forced to sell assets for pennies on the dollar because you need the cash NOW.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #993  
One of the necessities if you plan on ageing in place is hiring help when you become too debilitated to do it yourself. At 75, I'm already having trouble keeping up with the spring vegetation flush, and I think my wife could use some housekeeping help. Home health care will also probably be necessary. As far as I can tell, the best way to avoid high end-of-life expense is to die quickly.
^This!

I have trouble understanding how useless my old carcass has become just in the last 10 years alone. No task is as easy as it once was.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #994  
I hope all you retirees don't have any exposure to Bonds. It's criminal what the Fed is doing to the boomers. They are wiping out all their retirements because they lost control of the bond market.

Looking back, it was a bad idea to pump 5 trillion into a 0% interest rate market.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #995  
If you're old and want to stay in your home and reley upon Home Health and others to help you along, you better have a lot of money that is liquid and easy accessible. Otherwise they will put a lein on your place and your wife will have to sell all your stuff at fire sale prices to fund this.

My mom is paying 10K a month for my 88 year old grandpa right now for home care. You don't want to see the facility they put people that can't afford care. There is not Home Health care for people that can't afford to pay the man. They put them all in one giant slow death camp.
Does he have 24 hour care?

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #996  

$10k is about what you would pay for a decent assisted living apartment. I'm not going to give up on living and sit in front of a TV for the rest of my life. When it comes my time, I'll take care of it.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #998  
This is going to sound like one of those late night commercials to tell you to buy Silver or Gold.
It is interesting that right now, there aren't any of those commercials. The silence is deafening... :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #999  
This is going to sound like one of those late night commercials to tell you to buy Silver or Gold.
It is interesting that right now, there aren't any of those commercials. The silence is deafening... :)
But there are still plenty of ads for Bitcoin!