Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #951  
Sometimes there is no one or the ones named predecease.

I know of one elderly neighbor passing and the State of California stepped in.

In her bedside bible was a handwritten note saying I leave my home and contents to my dear neighbor who has been like a daughter for 25 years... I leave my car to another neighbor and whatever remains in my bank account after paying bills to the animal shelter...

Believe it or not the estate was distributed as outlined... I know the lady that got the house and the lady that got the 18,000 mile, garage kept 1964 Nova with 283 V8 and power steering...

Sometimes estate distribution is nothing more than a handwritten note... this happened in 1982.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #954  
A succe
Good to the last drop.
A successful local farming family that leases our family’s land got into the funeral home business about 20 years ago. Very odd combination and they take a lot of ribbing about it. Great folks. They can tell some very funny tales about the funeral home business. He keeps a list of healthy young friends handy for some “pick-ups”. Like getting 400 pounders down stairs and across muddy lawns.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #955  
Coffee Drinking Linked to Lower Risk of Dying, New Study Finds

While I find this easy to accept in my mind observational studies raise more questions than they answer. I'm going to brew a cup (make some hot water).
It has been humorous to watch the Forces For Good try to demonize coffee. It turns out that moderate coffee consumption is good for you. The old guy we bought this property from died of Parkinson's. He was a religious type who never drank anything containing caffeine. I have wondered if he could have staved off the Parkinson's if he had drunk a couple cups of coffee a day.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #956  
A succe

A successful local farming family that leases our family’s land got into the funeral home business about 20 years ago. Very odd combination and they take a lot of ribbing about it. Great folks. They can tell some very funny tales about the funeral home business. He keeps a list of healthy young friends handy for some “pick-ups”. Like getting 400 pounders down stairs and across muddy lawns.
I was a pallbearer for a friend's grandmother years ago. Everyone was 6ft-6'5"...except they put me in back across from a little Irish guy probably 5'5". Of course we're in suit & tie, dress shoes (flat sole). We have to go down a steep wet grass slope.
Ready...lift! I swear I think I saw the Irish guy's feet dangling plus grandmother was hefty+casket weight. We start downhill and it's slippery. Dear God...please let this be over! Somehow we made it...my arm sore as you can imagine.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #957  
... a religious type who never drank anything containing caffeine. I have wondered if he could have staved off the Parkinson's if he had drunk a couple cups of coffee a day.
I was baffled by a co-worker who started the day chugging two cans of Pepsi. Said she never touched coffee.

Much later I figured it out. Preserving her chance of heaven by avoiding 'hot beverages'.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #958  
Tried to buy my grandfathers farm from my cousin. He would never respond. Now he passed away, no family left in that line. Everything in probate. A relative on his dads side tried to become executor, relatives sister said no, he had cheated them out of inheritance when their parents died. Court appointed executor now.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

I guess I just never thought this far ahead when I would not be in control so this story caught me by surprise.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #960  
My sister in law is Thai.
Look up Bumrungrad International Hospital
in Bangkok, ranked #1 in the World!