Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
Here is a new to me voice on retirement. If I understood correctly he said on average couples that retire one of them will make it to 94. That really changes my thoughts of income sources. I expect to pass on bonds as part of a retirement plan. By passing on Social Security until age 70 should give us the cash flow we need for daily living and small debts from lines of credit in case a new roof excetera happens suddenly. Hopefully over the next 30 years we can see investments increase by 100% in real buying power.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #912  
I don't understand one of them will make it to 94? My wife's uncle was a farmer and just passed at 103. My Dad's father drank, way overweight, smoked cigars and chewed the butts mixed with home twist! He only ate junk food. He passed at 94.
Oh and he had girlfriends which may have been his longevity .

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
I don't understand one of them will make it to 94? My wife's uncle was a farmer and just passed at 103. My Dad's father drank, way overweight, smoked cigars and chewed the butts mixed with home twist! He only ate junk food. He passed at 94.
Oh and he had girlfriends which may have been his longevity .
I should have said on average one of the two will make it to 94. To me all this is means one's retirement $$$ should be drawn from a deep well instead of a 1000 gallon cistern. :)

At my 110th birthday party I want be fully aware of my guests and be able to carry on a conversation with each one. For that to happen I have to improve my health over the next 40 years. I have been following the work David Sinclair for years on health and longevity.

Yes I know some want to be stone dead by 80.

At 71 I find every day life is getting to be more exciting day by day and easier as well due to realizing life is improving not because of me but inspite of me. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #914  
It will be time to go when I need a nurse’s aide to wipe my butt because I can’t do it myself. I couldn’t handle the embarrassment nor the feeling of uselessness.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #915  
Just remember it could be temporary as in a stint in rehab after a stroke with a near full recovery and back to work in 6 to 9 months...

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #916  
I should have said on average one of the two will make it to 94. To me all this is means one's retirement $$$ should be drawn from a deep well instead of a 1000 gallon cistern. :)

At my 110th birthday party I want be fully aware of my guests and be able to carry on a conversation with each one. For that to happen I have to improve my health over the next 40 years. I have been following the work David Sinclair for years on health and longevity.

Yes I know some want to be stone dead by 80.

At 71 I find every day life is getting to be more exciting day by day and easier as well due to realizing life is improving not because of me but inspite of me. :)
Gale, that is a 2 hour YouTube. Could you just name the product links to the studies.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #917  
It will be time to go when I need a nurse’s aide to wipe my butt because I can’t do it myself. I couldn’t handle the embarrassment nor the feeling of uselessness.
Another reason why, "He died with his boots on," is such a happy saying. It's the only way you will die with your dignity intact.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #918  
Or like cousins father in law in the seat of his tractor when he did not come in for lunch... heart attack and that is how he wanted it.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #919  
An acquaintance of mine passed away this week at 47. He was in good health right up the moment of impact with a car that ran a stop sign. All his retirement plans changed in an instant. So much is beyond our control.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #920  

Having an issue a couple yrs ago, you get used to it.