Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #1  

GLMc

Tractor
Kubota M6060
Hello, my name is Gary. I am a retired electrical engineer who has just returned to middle Tennessee. Purchased 12.5 acres near the farm on which I grew up on. I also own a 110 acres portion of the family farm.
Four years ago I planted hard wood trees on the non wooded part of this 110 acres, about 82 acres. This has made for a very slow growing crop which takes very little maintain work. The only hoped for reward to to share it with family (kids, grand kids, etc.) and to make my contribution the environment.
I recently purchased a 60 hp (probably too large but what the heck) Kubota tractor as a toy. Will uses it on the 12.5 acres and occasionly the 110 acres. It is about a 2 mile road trip between the 12.5 and 110 acres.
Not sure what I am going to do with the 12.5 acres. May rase fainting goats and free range chickings. Will not get in a rush with anything.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #2  
Welcome to TBN. Join the fun:thumbsup:

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #3  
Welcome to TBN. 60 HP is not too large, that is a nice size tractor and powerful enough to do most things on that size acreage. We like pictures if you have any to share.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #4  
Hello, my name is Gary. I am a retired electrical engineer who has just returned to middle Tennessee. Purchased 12.5 acres near the farm on which I grew up on. I also own a 110 acres portion of the family farm.
Four years ago I planted hard wood trees on the non wooded part of this 110 acres, about 82 acres. This has made for a very slow growing crop which takes very little maintain work. The only hoped for reward to to share it with family (kids, grand kids, etc.) and to make my contribution the environment.
I recently purchased a 60 hp (probably too large but what the heck) Kubota tractor as a toy. Will uses it on the 12.5 acres and occasionly the 110 acres. It is about a 2 mile road trip between the 12.5 and 110 acres.
Not sure what I am going to do with the 12.5 acres. May rase fainting goats and free range chickings. Will not get in a rush with anything.

Welcome to the forum. I'm about 200 miles SW of you near Fulton, MS. I'm also retired (Physical Scientist from the Army Corps of Engineers) and growing trees. That is a nice size toy and should make the two mile road trip quickly.

We do like pictures, otherwise it's an internet rumor.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #5  
No, the Kubota is by no means too big. We reforested about forty acres on one farm and eight on another and used a 72HP along with a Case CX80 to mow between he trees on a regular basis until a tractor wouldn't fit between them, according to the forester this helps the stand. Yes it is long term, but leaves a nice legacy. My father in law began ours along with me and my two sons back in the ate 80s and now kids and grand kids continue to enjoy it. Our grand daughter took her first deer this year and makes a great place for everyone to find peace and enjoy the outdoors.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #6  

Welcome to the forum. I'm about 200 miles SW of you near Fulton, MS. I'm also retired (Physical Scientist from the Army Corps of Engineers) and growing trees. That is a nice size toy and should make the two mile road trip quickly.

We do like pictures, otherwise it's an internet rumor.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #7  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! 60 HP is never too much :D

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #8  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #9  
Welcome back to TN, from Greenback (outside Knoxville)

/ Retired Engineer going back home to Tennessee. #10  
Welcome from Lincoln county TN!

Please explain this foreign concept of "too big", my apologies, I just don't understand it.....

:)