Resolving self leveling dislike

/ Resolving self leveling dislike #1  

Boss 302

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010PS Mahindra 3510 Sold (Gonna miss that ole girl)
After doing much research, measuring and comparing I have finally decided to eliminate the dreaded self-leveling (personal opinion only) loader function on my RX6010, I ordered 2 curl cylinders today that should work as planned. I will have to fab some brackets in order to accommodate the new pin position of the shorter cylinders. I plan on taking pictures and will post as it progresses. Also does anyone have recommendation on where I can purchase a good quality paint that matches the Kioti orange? I see where Ag Parts offers an aerosol can, has anyone tried it?

Last edited:
   / Resolving self leveling dislike #2  
Would you care to explain and help us understand your personal opinion on the self leveling loader?

As far as the paint, an aerosol can from your local dealer will be about $20, but you could probably take an orange piece off your tractor and take to a paint shop to have them match it for you.

/ Resolving self leveling dislike
Thanks for the paint suggestions, the main reason I do not like the self-leveling loader is due to the very limited roll back. If you are moving round bales of hay on sloped land and traveling down the slope the bales will fall off due to a very limited roll back. Another reason is whenever you are moving gravel or dirt you are not able to heap the bucket with the material and you will still lose some of the material while moving and if it's on a slope it's worse. The only thing I have found positive about the self-leveling is when I am using my forks, otherwise it has no value add in the types of work that I do.

/ Resolving self leveling dislike #4  
I've never seen a Kioti MSL loader but I know that it would be extremely involved to could convert mine. Not even sure it could be done. Mine rolls back plenty far enough to heap a bucket. Not sure about bales rolling off. I would have thought you would do that with a hay spear anyway.

/ Resolving self leveling dislike #5  
Thanks for the paint suggestions, the main reason I do not like the self-leveling loader is due to the very limited roll back. If you are moving round bales of hay on sloped land and traveling down the slope the bales will fall off due to a very limited roll back. Another reason is whenever you are moving gravel or dirt you are not able to heap the bucket with the material and you will still lose some of the material while moving and if it's on a slope it's worse. The only thing I have found positive about the self-leveling is when I am using my forks, otherwise it has no value add in the types of work that I do.
Hmm, interesting!

/ Resolving self leveling dislike #6  
I'm curious to learn more about why the rollback angle is limited on the self-leveling as I've heard this complaint in the past. I see that the tractordata.com shows a rollback angle of 44 degrees but I wonder if this is in the lowered or raised position?

I wonder if pivot hole location(s) in the SL linkage could be modified to give more rollback angle? Might be something to consider first as it sounds like you may be doing some modifying either way.

No, the pivot pin is in the same place as a non-self-level, I use a hay spear for round bales, and they still want to come off. The bucket angle on my self-leveler when at full height is 90 degrees which is way more than needed. I checked a non-self-leveling bucket at full height, it was 50 degrees which makes more sense. I think that the 44 degree rollback angle for a self-leveling bucket sounds about right and that is what limits the amount of material that the bucket will hold without falling out. On a non-self-leveling bucket at full rollback when on the ground the top of the bucket is parallel with the ground that's why you can heap the bucket and keep more material in the bucket when moving, it also means that you have to be mindful to operate the curl function as the bucket raises so the material won't fall out on the hood of the tractor. Something else that I have learned in this process is that while the curl cylinders are extremely long (self-leveling) the stroke is only 14 inches and most of the bucket curl function is accomplished by the mechanical arms that actually push the curl cylinders down as the loader arms raise.

/ Resolving self leveling dislike #8  
A side view pic of your loader in the lowered and raised positions and bucket cylinders extended and retractd would be very helpful to understand the issue. I realize that may not be possible or of interest at this point.
A picture is worth a thousand words. :)

/ Resolving self leveling dislike #9  
Following this thread. Anxious to see the alteration!!! Keep us informed please!!!

I am open to any and all suggestions as I am researching this as I go, I want to make sure I gather all of the info up front because once you start welding the new cylinder brackets you are kind of at a point of no return. The plan is to fabricate a couple of temporary cylinder supports for mockup so I can test everything before I start the welding process. I appreciate all of the wisdom that you guys have to offer, I will post pics and update as I go.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2018 Gator Tough16 (A33544)
2018 Gator Tough16...
1994 Dodge Ram Pickup Pickup Truck, VIN # 1b7kf26c4rs713358 (A32908)
1994 Dodge Ram...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
1973 Caterpillar D5 Dozer (A33041)
1973 Caterpillar...
(8) Pallets of Choker Cables & Slings (A33349)
(8) Pallets of...
2 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard steel end...