Requiem for a dog

/ Requiem for a dog #11  
Our heartfelt condolences to those left behind by a wonderful dog.

Peter and Tamara
Ragtag Golden Retriever Rescue
Lamoille County, Vermont

Molson, Glenfiddich, Tetley, Tuppence, Mercedes, Linux, Nasdaq and Dow

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Requiem for a dog #12  
Grant,

The hurt and sorrow never decreases, no matter how times a person loses a loving pet. In certain ways its worse than losing a close human relative. All of us who love animals and have lost them know what you are going through. Many may find it "corny", and you may have already seen it, but I have always shared this poem with people who have lost a pet. Its at the following link. http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Hang in there,

42-65797-signature.jpg

/ Requiem for a dog #13  
Grantmo,

Gone too soon/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif My condolences.

18-33477-tibbsig2.JPG

/ Requiem for a dog #14  
I'm truly sorry. Unfortunately, I have good idea about what you're going through. Hang in there.

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ Requiem for a dog #15  
I think sometimes only a pet lover can truly appreciate the depth of loss felt by the death of a pet. Imagining the loss of our Rotty gives me some inkling of what you're going through. You have my condolences......

/ Requiem for a dog #16  
Grant,

I was very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Those of us who love our animals realize that they are family. Hold fast to the wonderful memories you must have.

Bill

/ Requiem for a dog #17  
Grant,

Real sorry to here about your friend. It really hurts, I know. I've been there.

Alan L., TX
South of Bugtussle
North of Mustang
On the banks of Buck Creek

/ Requiem for a dog
Thanks for everyone's kind words. I attached a picture of Gunner and our remaining Shepard Atlas. They were brothers from different litters.
18-64320-TractorsigK.JPG

Attachments

• 8-90789-Gunner&Atlas.jpg
    8-90789-Gunner&Atlas.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 66
   / Requiem for a dog #19  
Oh man Grant, that tears me up to see those two wonderful guys there knowing ones gone. I've been thinking hard about my best friend lately who is buried here at our place by a massive granite rock. I am so sorry. Rat

Words for thought

A dog is not 'almost human' and I know of no greater insult to the canine race then to describe it as such....
-John Holmes

No matter how little money and how few posscessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.... -Louis Sabin

(My favorite)
If man lived up to the reputation of a dog, he would be a saint.... -Zanzibarian Proverb

Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.... -George Elliot

My idea of good poetry is any dog doing anything.... -J Allen Boone

The dog is a true philosopher.... -Socrates

(My absolute favorite)
Lord, help me to become the kind of person my dog thinks I am... -Unknown

Dogs have given us their absolute all.
We are the center of their universe.
We are the focus of their love and faith and trust.
They serve us in return for scraps.
It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made...-Roger Caras

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face... -Bern Williams

Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt and Astor together could have raised enough money to buy a quarter share in my little dog.... -Ernest Thompson Seton