Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
Looked at some land today, it will require a tractor and bushhogger to maintain. He two tractors, L3130, which he wants to keep and a L4330.

He is willing to sell the Kubota L4330 GTX with 510.8 hours, FEL, 6' bushhog, box scraper, front forks and augur for $14,500.

Good, bad or ugly deal?

Thanks,

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #2  
If it's 4wd with hydro transmission and in good condition, that's a great price. If it's 2wd, gear drive, not so much. There was also a "Glide-shift" transmission... good package, probably worth a bit less than the hydro.

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #3  
If it's 4wd with hydro transmission and in good condition, that's a great price. If it's 2wd, gear drive, not so much. There was also a "Glide-shift" transmission... good package, probably worth a bit less than the hydro.

Excellent, succinct analysis. Consider an oil analysis of both engine and hydraulic fluids.

510 hours is nothing on L4330 diesel if tractor has had reasonable care.

Inside or outside storage? I always worry about rodents gnawing the wiring when stored outside.

LINK:

http://www.blackstone-labs.com

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments
Good stuff!

To answer some questions:

- Yes, 4x4, my bad for missing that.
- It's the GTX model so no hydro - whatever that is?????
- Yes, indoor storage, he has a huge shop!

Oh, and I forgot, the price includes a heavy duty 12k lb 22' or 24' trailer! Around here, that's about a $4k hit right there.

Thanks,

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #5  
An HST or Hydrostatic Transmission is a sort of semi-automatic tractor transmission. It is nice when operating a FEL bucket because you forward/reverse by rocking a single foot pedal. Nice but not essential.

GST remains a standard transmission offering with Kubota. You can go to Kubota's web site and read about GST.

This is a good size compact tractor, well optioned. You will be able to pull 72" ground engaging implements with ease and some/not all 84" implements. You can get real work accomplished in reasonable time.

You are being offered a good package deal.....although I would still have the engine and transmission fluids analyzed.

It is, however, a large machine to LEARN tractor-ing on. Be careful. THINK SAFETY.

Here are LINKS to tractordata.com and kubota.com:

TractorData.com Kubota L4330 tractor information

http://www.kubota.com/product/L60/lineup.aspx

Last edited:
   / Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #6  
It gets better and better. Is the owner really trying to make a quick sale for some reason? That deal is verging on the proverbial "If it sounds too good to be true..." If it's legit, you need to be all over it, but make sure there's not some problem lurking where it might not get noticed. Particularly engine, drivetrain and hydraulics. Give it a good test run where you can check everthing. That oil analysis is a good idea too.

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #7  
Sorry do not think there is a GTX model.

Transmission choices were.

F 2 wheel drive

HST Hydrostatic

GST Glide Shift Gear transmission with electro-hydraulic shifting of the forks and modulation of a wet clutch with shuttle shift.
12 Forward and 8 Reverse.

FST Fully Synchronized Transmission gear drive with manual shifting.
8 Forward 8 Reverse

On the gear drive there is also a dry master clutch and a wet disk independent PTO clutch. Can not remember what clutches are on the HST.

David Kb7uns

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #8  
Yes, no such thing as a "GTX" Grand L Kubota. If it's HST or GST, great deal; probably still OK but not great if it's FST, but that's not nearly as nice a tractor (IMHO).

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments
GTX, GST, what's the diff??? [hangs head in deep shame....]

Not only a package deal, but part of a bigger package: 20 acres at the end of one mile gravel road with a 40x70 shop. He has two tractors, one a L3130 and this is the other one. He wants to keep his 3130. I'm hoping to get all his old equipment and tools and everything else he got when he bought the place three years ago.

I already know that this sub-deal is an awesome package: normal run of the mill L4330 are going for $15K-$18K with higher hours and don't include the implements or trailer to boot.

And there is a motivation for a quick sale: his health. :( He's a pretty neat guy and I really hope we can work out a deal to buy his property and this tractor set. If we can, I plan to give him a lifetime permission to hunt turkeys on my property, although I doubt he'll be able to make use of it. :( I wish I had met him 10 years ago....

Thanks for the help for this obvious tractor-newbie, I appreciate it!

Stay tuned.

/ Request for price/sanity check on L4330 and attachments #10  
GTX, GST, what's the diff??? [hangs head in deep shame....]

Actually, I was thinking there was a "Grand Touring" option I hadn't heard about :D That sounds like a great opportunity. Wish you and prev. owner all the best as this develops.