Repowering aTroy-Bilt Econo-Horse

/ Repowering aTroy-Bilt Econo-Horse #1  

Big Wave D

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L35, Kubota B6200E
I need some of that TBN wisdom.

I have a freebie T.B. Econo-Horse. It comes with the Tecumseh 6HP engine, H60-75506N SER: 7296D.

I don't know why the previous owner quit using it. Also, the tiller has not been used in years.

That being said, I have torn into it enough to know that the intake valve was stuck open. I believe that I have corrected that problem. Second, the carb is trashed. I am going to see if the engine even runs by attempting to spritz some gas into the intake and see if it will show any signs of life. Depending on what it sounds like and acts like, if it will start/run, I will plot my course of action based on these findings.

The engine has the PTO, 2nd pulley. I gather that I lose reverse with a repower, because nothing else is made with this set up anymore, engine-wise. Is this correct, or does the second pulley power the tires?

If repowering is an option, what is the most direct bolt on unit to use? It does not need to be electric start.

Thanks to all for their time and answers.

/ Repowering aTroy-Bilt Econo-Horse #2  
You are correct the second shaft (small one ) is the end of the camshaft it is for reverse. Any make of engine with the same size crankshaft will work as long as it has the mounting holes in the side cover. hope this helps

/ Repowering aTroy-Bilt Econo-Horse
as long as it has the mounting holes in the side cover. hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I understand everything except the last part.

What mounting holes?
What side cover are we talking about?

Thanks