Replacing tires on finish mower

/ Replacing tires on finish mower #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
I picked up a used 72" Landpride finish mower. It currently has solid tires (which were an extra $ option) on it, but one of the wheels is worn out at the axle.

Since I am replacing one wheel and the others are pretty worn, I am wondering about the advantages and disadvantages replacing all with solid or pneumatic tires. I already figured out the punctures issue and that solid are more $, but what else would be good to consider.

Anyone who has used both and has a preference?

Thanks,
Mark

/ Replacing tires on finish mower #2  
I've used both and personally prefer the pneumatic. But I've also seen the time, I didn't keep an eye on the air pressure and rolled one of them right off the rim.

/ Replacing tires on finish mower #3  
My LP has pneumatic and my Caroni has solids. The LP glides over the irregularities in the lawn, where the Caroni bangs around and beats itself up. As the other poster pointed out, keep an eye on the air in pneumatics. I had one pop off the rim once. Easy fix - blow it up again - hasn't been a problem since...................chim

/ Replacing tires on finish mower #4  
Hello Mark--We sell aftermarket solid or air wth rims and bearings included for $48 each to fit most RFM--I dont know how this compares to nationwide prices?--What are the local dealers asking for each complete?--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co. *Since 1977*

/ Replacing tires on finish mower #5  
I have had both and like the pneumatic best. I had terrible problems with roll offs until I put tubes in the tires, no more problems. I have had more problems bending supports and pivot shafts. Now own a Woods RD8400 and will be selling it ASAP due to bent wheel supports and out of round wheels due to bent rims. I mow alot around pavement, tree roots, uneven land and other obstructions that seems to be hard on it. I have almost decided on the Land Pride with pneumatic tires. I have owned Befco and Woods.