Replacing my 13 year old 2542

/ Replacing my 13 year old 2542 #1  

timkins

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 2542
I am thinking of replacing my 13 year old Cub 2542. Unhooking and rehooking the mower deck has finally become a chore I no longer look forward to. I use the machine for snow blowing in the winter which requires me to remove the mower and store it and the same goes for the snow blower in the summer. When I got the mower deck out for installation this week there is a large area that started to rust through on the deck and lifting the deck to get the pins in the rear is a real PITA. I guess what this boils down to is suggestions for replacement. I would like something with a drive over deck for mowing. All of the online information that I have read for new Garden Tractors does not go into specific information for this feature. Any suggestions.

/ Replacing my 13 year old 2542 #2  
Here is my suggestion.If the 2542 works for snow, then keep it and buy a second tractor for cutting the grass, perhaps even a zero turn.

/ Replacing my 13 year old 2542 #3  
I agree with richard, depending on how big your yard is, i would try to find a gt2521 or gt2523 for the better mower decks and steel hood. Then you have a super heavy duty garden tractor for both snow blowing and mowing and will take you much less time!