Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #1  

kas2960

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK4010HST
Hi Everyone,
I was think the other day, as I adjusted the tilt on the blade, that replacing the manual top link with a hydraulic one would be a good idea. Anyone done this and regretted it?
Thanks

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #3  
I made one up for a box blade to lightly scratch the road. On my other angle sensitive attachments, once you get a satisfactory angle from the top link, that's it forever. (Rake, blade, tiller, chipper). Cement mixer has it's own dump cylinder. Amazon has all the parts, hoses & couplers were more expensive than the special eyeball ended cylinder.

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #4  
get one with piloted check valve, it will stay where you set it
this is what I used on a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] B2650

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #5  
Never even heard of a hydraulic top link until I started shopping for a new tractor and as soon as I heard about it I wanted one, it works great and I love having it.

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #6  
Never owned one before getting an old 3PH forklift for the MF. I had no idea what they sold for when the seller offered me the hydraulic top link but I went for it and glad I did. My arthritis likes the Hydraulic top link. :)

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #7  
Hi Everyone,
I was think the other day, as I adjusted the tilt on the blade, that replacing the manual top link with a hydraulic one would be a good idea. Anyone done this and regretted it?
Thanks
I put hydraulic top and side links on my little [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] B3030, both with piloted check valves. I do a fair amount of road grading and the ability to adjust the side tilt is well, priceless.

Some folks prefer the top/tilt hydraulic links without the check valves so that is something to look into for your use case.

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #8  
We have the CK4010HST SE. Don't regret it one bit, it makes hooking up everything with the quick hitch even easier... and now I can't wait to try the box blade with it when spring comes.

If you have the CK4010HST and the rear remotes are already there all you need is this:

That one from Amazon is the same as Agristore, but also comes with the hoses, hydraulic fittings, and banjo bolts. Everything you need to have it working in 30 minutes.

If you happen to have a Pat's Easy Hitch you'll want a slightly different (longer) length.

Tilt would be great too, but that's a much more complicated and expensive option for our Kioti tractors... to do it right you need a hard to find 3" stroke cylinder and have to do some cut and welding. Otherwise buying it is an option but a bit pricey.

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #9  
Do you have rear remote hydraulics?

/ Replacing manual top link with hydraulic on CUT #10  
I got a FitRite hydraulic top link seven years ago. Kick myself for not getting it when I bought the tractor new. I'm really surprised that this is not an option on new tractors. Finite adjustment while on the go. It makes ground engagement implements function to their very best.