replacing front tires - 27x9.5-15 on a JD 5105

/ replacing front tires - 27x9.5-15 on a JD 5105 #1  

artwall

Tractor
ford
Front rim/tire of JD5105, I have removed for replacement and maybe rim inspect as a leak may be. I removed and it weighs a 'ton'. It will be a chore to load into the back of the truck.
I removed the stem in the valve and stuck a 16penny down into it and hit some kinda black tarlike substance, goo-like solid. No wonder I could not add air or get any consistent air pressures.
Anybody know what I've run into here ? I want to replace with new 27x9.50-15 NHS Carlisle on existing rims.

/ replacing front tires - 27x9.5-15 on a JD 5105 #2  
Probably "foam filled". We used to have the tires on skid steer loaders that were used in scrapping conditions foam filled. They have to be cut of the rim with a saw.

/ replacing front tires - 27x9.5-15 on a JD 5105 #3  
Front rim/tire of JD5105, I have removed for replacement and maybe rim inspect as a leak may be. I removed and it weighs a 'ton'. It will be a chore to load into the back of the truck.
I removed the stem in the valve and stuck a 16penny down into it and hit some kinda black tarlike substance, goo-like solid. No wonder I could not add air or get any consistent air pressures.
Anybody know what I've run into here ? I want to replace with new 27x9.50-15 NHS Carlisle on existing rims.

That is probably tire sealant instead of foam. Tire sealant will turn into black goo if exposed to air, such as if the valve stem or core leaks. You will also be unable to add air to the tire if the valve stem is sealed with tire sealant. A foam-filled tire would be hard as a rock rather than leak as the inside of the tire would be filled with foam rather than air.