Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000 #1  

sony224422

Tractor
1964 Ford 4000 backhoe, 1953 farmall sm 1948 farmall h, 1948 farmall super a
Hello,

I have determined that my relief is either bad or the valve is cracked internally. I think at this point I am ready to just replace it. I am not the best with hydraulics, so I am looking for some advice.

I would need to find something 20-22 gpm 2 spool open center with power beyond, 2000 psi, work port 3/4, pressure in 3/4 and return is 3/4. If I call up with that information would I be getting what I would need?

Thank you!

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000 #2  
SurplusCenter and Summit hydraulics are good places to start with. They should have what you need.

It may not be a direct replacement though as the mounting on the new valve is most likely different.

Not sure if you're looking for joystick valves or not but here it is:

Don't forget to get the power beyond sleeve for whatever valve you end up going with.

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000 #3  
I highly doubt a Ford 4000 has 22 GPM flow unless someone added a large reservoir and auxilary pump. Might want to confirm pump flow and purchase appropriately sized valve.

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000
Thank you, I will check into them. The mounting is okay, I can make something to work, I know I’ll be either replacing or adapting lines already. Is that enough information, I am confused about the spring detent stuff. I think I want them to center? And both be 4 way?

As far as the pump, yes sir it is a 22gpm pump from the factory. This is an industrial with a 712 loader and 723 backhoe. I flow tested it and got 20 gpm at 1000 psi and 12 gpm at 2100 psi

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000 #5  
Sony,
I had one of the Ford 40000 industrials great machines.
There is a guy on yesterday's tractor that knows alot about them. Can't remember his screen name but u can do a search there, I'd imagine he could help alot

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000 #6  
You probably need to something with the pump first. Those flow numbers tell me it is worn out

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000 #7  
Consider getting a 3 spool valve you might want another function at some point like a grapple.

/ Replacing Cessna Valve on 1964 ford 4000
Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering a valve and power beyond on surplus.

As far as the pump, I took it to a shop and they check it out and said it looked decent. Little worn but should be fine. I can get it to flow at 16 gpm at like 1600 psi, 2000 is the relief pressure but I was using a plug in the relief port for testing. I also wanted to make sure to not blow anything apart too.

Thanks again