Replacement tractor

/ Replacement tractor #21  
I have never heard of the LS but they look interesting and there is a dealer near by. I will have to check them out . The kubota mx6000 is on my radar and is at the top of my budget. I am not sure I can get used to the single pedal hydrostatic control. My ankle doesn't bend that way.

Are you using it the correct way or putting your whole foot on the pedal like the Deere propaganda? The Kubota pedal isn’t unnatural at all. Also the Kubota Grand series and the economy series use different pedals.

/ Replacement tractor #22  
Maybe take the broken loader off the Deere and continue using it for mowing and buy a skid steer for loader work. A skid steer will lift far more and take far more abuse than a tractor loader will. Mine is a 9500 pound machine which is about 3/4s up the skid steer size spectrum and it will lift a 3600 pound bundle of plywood. It’ll sorta lift a 4500 pound pallet of shingles but not really.
IMG_9966.JPG

/ Replacement tractor #24  
rScotty poses very good questions: How many hours on your JD 4700 ? I had a 4800 20 years ago which is still in my family and still a VERY good tractor with around 2000 hrs on it. Unless your's is really beat up badly and truly worn out I'd give thought to a one time major workover in getting it back in shape. Unless you are WAY up in hours you probably do not need an engine rebuild. If you did, then think about replaciong it.

If you just over do want to replace it, I like the mid size Kubotas around 60hp for a logical replacement for you. Make sure the rear wheels can be put out far enough for your needs for steep ground, etc. Esp since you and the wife like the HST's I lean towards the Kubota.

/ Replacement tractor #25  
If you have a yanmar dealer near you I would check out the YT359
as no other tractors can compare with this ones features/controls etc.
The transmission is way about the other tractors, its like having 2
transmissions in one!

willy

/ Replacement tractor #26  
You know Williy, it's sure starting to look like you're a Yanmar dealer.

You're getting awfully repetitive with the Yanmar posts and links to the same Yanmar videos...

/ Replacement tractor #27  
I am not a dealer never will be. I do like the Yanmar over any of the other tractors and I wonder how many people know the Yanmar is in
the tractor business?
How many posts have been about the Kubota? John Deere? etc?
I was under the impression you help one another and inform each
other of whats out there to purchase. No?

willy

/ Replacement tractor
I have considered keeping the 4720 as a farm implement tractor ( actually I plan to keep it anyway) My wife is really against a skid steer. I was leaning towards a dedicated Full-size frame backhoe (used) as a second tractor. The 4720 still has a strong motor and tranny. Its biggest problem is that woods loader mounting plate goes along each side of tractor is attached through the mounting holes which are drilled in the block. The pattern is 4 up front. 4 in a box pattern at the entrance to the drive station and 4 at the back going up to the rops. At the center bolts the two back bolts broke off about half the bolt hole ( the hole not the bolts) on the back side on each. My local welding and fabrication shop ( very good commercial operation) looked at it and declined to weld it due to being old and cast. Their worry is that the weld may not hold or worse be stronger than the case and break through and cause a hydro leak. They built a steel box under the tractor to hold brackets together and it works. The problem is half the bolts on the block work out after a few hours of lifting( they seem to stay put if not using the loader). I have tried blue and red lock tight, longer bolts with a lock washer and they still work loose. I have considered tighting them all down and tacking them to the mounting plates ?. those never are removed any way The other issue is the interior parts of the hood and grill have popped rivets or broke plastic. The outside looks pretty good. Over a grand to replace the parts. I priced a Jd 4052m hvy duty (almost 60 grand) today. The 5 series was little more reasonable . Looking at the YT359 tomorrow and probably The branson 20 series. Kubota is still a possibility . Unfortunately I am about 1-2 hours from most dealers and of course none in in the same area. Also most have no inventory on the models I want to see and they all say Hydro models are 6 to 8 months out. Still hunting for a used deal. Luckily I am not in a real hurry although the wife says I can buy and I don't want to lose that option!

/ Replacement tractor
I have noticed that no one talks about or recommends new Holland tractors. My tractor before the JD 4720 was a mid 70's Ford and it was a beast. Has New Holland got to be that bad?

/ Replacement tractor #30  
Three years ago I decided to treat myself to a nice retirement tractor. The 40 yo MF 135 was wearing me out. I narrowed it down to either a JD 4R or Kubota Grand L60 series open station. Both are fine premium tractors. In the end Kubota won out mostly due to the HST+ transmission. The Hi/Low within each range on the fly effectively gives it six speeds. The single treadle peddle is electronically controlled so only requires a light touch. No regrets.