Replacement Tires for JD 770 4x4

/ Replacement Tires for JD 770 4x4 #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
I'm looking at the cost of re-shoeing the old girl vs buying a new machine. Right now I have some dry rotted turfs that have tubes in them to hold air. I don't have the tractor nearby so I can't remember the tire sizes.

Also - what JD tractor would be comparible to the Kubota L2800 or L3400 with HST, 4x4 and loader?

So I'm looking at putting four new R4 tires on this year. Or trade it in for a new machine. The tractor will be mowing a new piece of property with about 10 acres of overgrown field. The terrain is very hilly and I'm afraid that if I have a blow out, it will roll the tractor and do some serious damage. So I have to get some rugged tires on it before brush-hogging starts. Or buy a new tractor with new tires :)

So does anyone know what size R4s will fit and what rims are needed for the 770?

Thanks!

/ Replacement Tires for JD 770 4x4 #2  
I just put new tires on my JD 770. R4s to be exact. The tractor had Ag tires when I bought it and they were shot. I was lucky enough to find R4s that fit the rear rims but I had to buy new rims that were from the 790 series to put on the front for tracloader tires from Titan. I can't remember what brand I used for the back but if you are interested I will dig my records up and let you know. It seems to me that tires wrere around $ 750.00 and two new rims were $ 325.00. If you have turf rims now you will have an eaiser time than I did.

JD 770 / 70 FEL / 7 BH - 425 AWS / 54" MMM / 54" FMP