Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284 #1  

angelugs

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
I checked back through the old post and found one on page 30 pertaining to replacement tail light bulbs for a 284LE. Are all of the tail light assemblies the same on 284(s) built in 2005(LE vs. ?). The socket I have on my 284 will not accept a standard two filiment bulb. My dealer says he can get me OEM bulbs but I would rather find something I can purchase from a local supplier.

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284 #3  
Yeh standard 2 filiment bulbs won't work because they have the locating pins off set so that they will only go in one way..Get a "1176" bulb. the pins are at the correct position but the most you may have to do is put the bulb in check the lights,if the brake light is dimmer than the regular light then turn the bulb around. all the auto parts places have em,nappa,pep boys,carquest,etc. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284 #4  
The readily available replacement bulbs off the shelf, such as a 1157 or 2057, are much brighter and burn about twice as hot. I can tell you from experience they WILL melt the tailight lens, especially if you leave the parking brake engaged. The chinese don't use very good plastic.

My solution for the running/brake lights was to replace them with LED bulbs, ones that have additional side reflector LED's on it for a little more light. They're not as bright, but I doubt I will ever have to replace them.

LED's won't work on the turn directional bulbs because they don't have enough load to trigger the flasher relay, there are work arounds, but not worth it for my purposes. The off-the-shelf replacements work okay since they are not burning constantly and don't get hot enough to melt anything.

Hope this helps.

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284 #5  
Thanks for the update..I wonder if the Chinese have used different plastics in their lights.I have a 2003 284 with both lights with the 1176 bulbs and they are on for long periods at a time.as I lock the brake on.while using the backhoe, They are bright no dought. But I haven't seen any meltdown.
I tried 1157 or 2057 bulbs but the locating pins were offset to only allow them to be installed in one position,where as the 1176 has both pins at the bottom.

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284
Rick, I read your post on the thread I referred to when I started this thread and I'm just as confused now about "LED" bulbs as I was then. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Are you saying there is a dual filament LED bulb with bayonet type mounting that will fit the socket on my 284? If so, I haven't seen one in any farm supply or auto parts store I've visited. I was thinking I'll probably have to change out the fixture itself before I can install a lower wattage dual filament bulb.

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284 #7  
I bought mine here. The link is for SuperBrightLEDs.

Unless I misread some of the posting it sounds like Jinma has both straight across and offset pins for the brake light. Regardless, if you'd like to go the led route the above company sells both types. There have been past posts of lens meltdowns (mine just got a little distorted before I noticed what was happening), but it sounds like Jinma has improved on the quality of the plastics and all improvements are good.

/ Replacement tail light bulbs - Jinma 284
I've never seen one before. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thanks for the link. Do you have red ones, clear ones or both? Do you know if it's true what they said about the red ones being brighter than the clear ones?