Replacement cup seal for Lincoln grease gun? Where to purchase?

/ Replacement cup seal for Lincoln grease gun? Where to purchase? #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I've got a couple of grease guns, and a fluid transfer plunger pump. (well, more than a couple, a five gallon pail full ;-)

The transfer pump leaks so badly it's unusable. I took it apart for a look see. Sure enough, the two way sealing cup has a couple of bites out of it.
I've also got a grease gun that "pumps down" over a few weeks time, and leaves all the grease on the wrong side of the plunger. What a mess when the plunger rod is pulled back out! Taking a look, sure enough, bites missing from the cup seal.

So I went on line, looking for "grease gun repair parts". Lots of parts available for the air and electric operated greasers, but not a mention of the cup seal. I did note that Lincoln had designated one of the auto jobbers that has a store in my town as a parts supplier. (These are Lincoln lubrication tools). I stopped in today to enquire, and may as well have asked for moon rocks.

Went over to the usual FLAPS and we looked for the part , but no go. I bought a new plunger pump while there just to have that covered, ($13) but that doesn't fix the grease gun. The gun is too good, and too well built to be considered disposable. So where to get the plunger cup?

I could give Lincoln a call and plead my case hoping that some kind soul walks back and throws a couple of cup seals in a box and ships them out based on a desire to do good? Or turn to some outfit like Chicago Rawhide and piece together what should be off the shelf.

Perhaps someone has already found the solution. If so, I'm all ears and TIA!

Cal

/ Replacement cup seal for Lincoln grease gun? Where to purchase? #2