Replacement Carb for RT 65 Tiller with Honda Engine

/ Replacement Carb for RT 65 Tiller with Honda Engine #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I have a RT-65 with the Honda engine I think it is a GC 190cc? but I would have to go look to be sure. The reason for this post is the carb on the tiller is the non adjustable kind. It started acting up the second year I owned it now it is about 4 years old now I bought it brand new. Every fall I add fuel stabilizer to it, then run it a while and I run non ethanol fuel as well.

It would never run smooth unless the choke is pulled out slightly it is always ( surging / hunting). Then last summer it would seem to be running fine then abruptly just shut off. It would re-start but would soon stall out again . Usually this would happen twice then it seems to be fine after that.

I am going to go into the crab soon and attempt a good cleaning but if that does not solve the issue is that a direct swap out carb that is fully adjustable ? I have read before the replacement carbs are cheap but the ones that are $40.00 or less seem...to also be non adjustable. I may just swap the carb out if I can find a decent one is why I am asking.

/ Replacement Carb for RT 65 Tiller with Honda Engine #3  
It's 27.80 if that the right motor number..OEM Honda GCV190, HRB217, HRX217 Carburetor

/ Replacement Carb for RT 65 Tiller with Honda Engine
Thanks , it could be but without a photo I cannot tell. I wonder if this one is "fully adjustable" ?. I just went out to see the engine model it is GC 190 not GCV 190 I have no idea what the 'V" stands for though maybe nothing important when talking carbs? I will keep looking around now that I am certain of the engine model.

/ Replacement Carb for RT 65 Tiller with Honda Engine #5  
You can call them or send email and ask....

Good thought,
I have bought a bunch of carb kits from them in the past I always had good luck there. Thanks for the help I will call them when I am ready.

/ Replacement Carb for RT 65 Tiller with Honda Engine #7  
It has been my experience that replacement carbs are fully adjustable.

Richard

hope so