Replace bucket cutting edge

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #1  

edells

Tractor
2000 New Holland TC35D, 2017 John Deere X330, 15hp DR Field and Brush Mower
Hello,
I have a 2000 New Holland TC35D with a 16LA loader. The cutting edge on the bucket is very worn and I want to replace it. It is welded on even though there are 8 holes that are 9.5 inches apart. The holes are open and go through the cutting edge and the bucket. My question is can/should I just get a replacement cutting edge (probably a reversible one) and by drilling the appropriate holes in it just bolt it on to the existing cutting edge or should I remove the existing cutting edge first and have the new one welded on? It's a 73" bucket (outside edge to outside), and the 8 holes are 9 1/4" apart. I do a lot of back-dragging and scrapping, snow removal and summer gravel maintenance, for my gravel lane and blacktop driveway. I'm most concerned about the protruding bolt heads on the bottom side if I were to just bolt on a new cutting edge. Any thoughts, comments, concerns are much appreciated. Thank you.

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #2  
you can order a cutting edge made for your bucket
Bolts are like plow bolts recessed in blade

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #3  
Don't know where you live
We have a place here called cutting edge supply make you any size blade I want

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #4  
Install a cutting edge. The correct one will have matching holes and it will be reversible.

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #5  
Yes, you can simply bolt on a new edge. There's no need to cut off the original. When I bought my Kubota 25+ years ago I had the dealer bolt on a skid steer cutting edge. It's 8" wide, stiffen up the bucket really well and it's reversible. I don't foresee reversing it in my lifetime, it's hardly worn in 1500 hours, with lots of loader work.

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #6  
I have a bolt-on cutting edge that I bought with my tc33. After 800 hrs, I've yet to have any reason to flip it over.

/ Replace bucket cutting edge #7  
I wore out the edge on my OEM bucket and was given absolutely outrageous prices by several shops to weld on a new one. I found what they called "1/2 arrowhead" at a local independent shop and welded it on myself. Yes it got warped but I fixed that in a few minutes with a torch and some advice from my brother-in-law who is a retired saw filer. Total cost less than $100.00