Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I rented a kioti cs2510 today as I can't rent the Kubota that I'm interested in. I did some simple work such as moving some rocks, ground work, etc. It seemed like it have a VERY difficult time pushing dirt around. I also had to really mash the reverse to even get any where. I'm not too familiar with tractors but this just doesn't sound right. The rear hitch kept lowering when I'd lift the bucket as well.

Is this rental just a junker or is this how sub-compacts work? How does this compare to the B2501?

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601
Anyone...? I know it's an odd comparison but was hoping for some sort of advise. :)

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #3  
I don’t know where you are located, but have you gone to a Kubota Dealer and tried out the B2601? Some dealers have areas where you can try out the tractor and pile of dirt to dig in.

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #4  
rental units could be beat. but in general terms both of those tractors will act the same way relatively. Yeah one might be able to pick a little more, go a little faster etc, but on paper at least those tractors are pretty equal

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #5  
I rented a kioti cs2510 today as I can't rent the Kubota that I'm interested in. I did some simple work such as moving some rocks, ground work, etc. It seemed like it have a VERY difficult time pushing dirt around. I also had to really mash the reverse to even get any where. I'm not too familiar with tractors but this just doesn't sound right. The rear hitch kept lowering when I'd lift the bucket as well.

Is this rental just a junker or is this how sub-compacts work? How does this compare to the B2501?

The 3pth lowering while using the loader isn't right.. It sounds like what you were doing with the tractor is not really what it's designed to do, the loader is made to move material, ground work, moving rocks etc it will do to a point but it's not a bull dozer, do you have any pictures of what you were trying to accomplish?

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #6  
It seemed like it have a VERY difficult time pushing dirt around. I'm not too familiar with tractors but this just doesn't sound right.

Did you have 4-WD engaged?

Tractors are engineered to PULL, not PUSH.

If you want to move dirt short distances you need a Box Blade mounted on the rear Three Point Hitch. PHOTO

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Heavier tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

Kubota BX series and 'B' series tractors all weigh 1,700 to 1,800 pounds bare tractor.

The Kubota 'B' series has a three (3) range HST and larger wheels/tires, both of which transfer power to the ground better than the BX series. However, if you need more tractor 'grunt' consider a 2,700 pound bare tractor weight L2501/L3301/L3901. ((Your car or truck probably weighs around 2,700 pounds))

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Selling a used tractor is easy. Selling multiple light implements in order to buy heavier, wider implements for a new, heavier tractor requires a lot of time. Depreciation on implements is generally greater than depreciation on a tractor.

When considering a tractor purchase, bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second and (narrowly) rear wheel ballast third.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR​

A quality dealer, reasonably close, available for coaching, is important for tractor neophytes. Most new tractors are delivered with a glitch or two requiring correction. My kubota dealer is six miles away. I feel my local dealer continues to add value to my equipment after seven years. Dealer proximity is less important for those experienced with tractors and qualified to perform their own maintenance.

VIDEOS: everything attachments videos - YouTube

Attachments

• DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
   / Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #7  
This my first tractor purchase.

I have visited the dealerships to drive the tractors on the lot. It seems a little "fake" though to be driving around on asphalt trying to evaluate whether the machine will do the job at our property. One dealer offered to bring the tractor onsite to try out.

As a tractor novice, driving a tractor around your property may lead to a tractor purchase, but not an optimum tractor purchase.

New tractor operators are often intimidated by how unstable tractors with small front wheels and large rear wheels feel and tend to buy too light, too small as a result. ((Tractors seem to shrink after about twenty hours of operating experience.))

The dealer will deliver a tractor with a Loader but no implements and no counterbalance, so the Loader will not lift much, but neither can you easily damage the Loader without counterbalance.

Most OPs seeking advice describe their land and the projects they foresee for wanting to buy a tractor then wait for divergent advice from T-B-N respondents. In questioning respondents you will probably reach a good decision.

MORE: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...-tractor-weight-single-criterion-tractor.html

Last edited:
   / Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601 #8  

The lift problem sounds like it might be low on hydraulic fluid.

To your other points, the CS would be comparable to the BX Kubota. They are competitive in weight, tire size and horsepower. It sounds like you are asking more of it than that size machine can do. As others have said, it is not a bulldozer. It can scoop up loose dirt and move it, but pushing dirt around is going to be a tall order. A tooth bar will help it dig. Using a subsoiler or middle buster to break up the ground will also make it easier for the loader to pick it up.

/ Rented a Kioti CS2510 but looking at Kubota B2601
I was trying a few things:
  1. Move about half inch or so of top soil and the unit struggled
  2. Reverse with nothing in the loader up a VERY slight incline and it would barely move, even in low and high gear with throttle up
  3. Lifting a 100-200LB rock would cause the rear wood chipper on the 3 point hitch to lower

I rented it for the chipping but also to test it out for what I want to use a tractor for. I can't buy a L series sized tractor, it's just too much money but the B series is in my price range but there's none to be rented in this area.