Removing the smell of #2 diesel

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
Fueled my "baby blue" for the first time and got #2 on my hands. Washed them three times with hand soap and then dish soap. Now they smell like a lemon-y garage.

What works for you all?

Mark

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #2  
Mark, you don't remove the smell. To a compact tractor lover its just like cologne. Would Tim the Tool Man have a problem with the odor of diesel fuel? Of course not. A drop or two behind the ears and you will drive the women crazy.

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #3  
Your skin absorbs fluids like a sponge. Anytime you are working with fluids, you should wear protective clothing. Your eyes and scrotum are the most susceptible because of the thin skin, of course the warmer the day the worse it is.
I have to agree that it is perfume though. Problem is, my wife can't stand it. Working with it or any other solvents makes her want to drive me out of the house. I guess if I had to lay my mattress next to my deere, she would just sit there and purr.

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #4  
One more thing about absorbing chemicals. Your organs have to filter out these and get rid of them. It is a known fact that solvents cause leukemia. Respect these things, if it was good for us we would drink diesel instead of water.

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #5  
Simple Green may work. I slopped some diesel on my clothes when re-fueling my Kubota one time. Washed them in the washer with Simple Green instead of Tide and it took all of the diesel smell / residue away.

Might also try one of those waterless hand cleaner products like "Go-Jo"...

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #6  
You mean we are suppose to drink water, instead of diesel???

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Your eyes and scrotum are the most susceptible because of the thin skin

<hr></blockquote>

Safety glasses and "Depends" when refueling - got it!

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #9  
I sure don't want my scrotum near diesel fuel /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Seriously though you need to be carefull with this stuff.
I always wear eye protection and gloves when I fuel up
my tractor. It might look stupid but I don't care. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

/ Removing the smell of #2 diesel #10  
<font color=blue>...Hours 31 ...Fueled my "baby blue" for the first time ...</font color=blue>

Geez Mark,

If you started at zero hours... you have some fantastic fuel economy on that unit of yours... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif