Removing the Chains of Bondage...

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #41  
Not a big fan of hot weather myself, but no way do I dread it.
I'm not so bad now, but there was a time when I'd leave the truck for 8 hours or more. In summer I would have(2) 1/2 gallon water jugs in my backpack, another quart in each side of my cruising vest, plus another quart on my belt. That's in addition to my regular gear. By the end of the day, all of that water would be gone, and my clothes were generally drenched. Oh yeah, I also carried a soda bottle to fill at streams, to carry for my dog.

I do miss the days when I could work that way though.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage...
Flock of ~25 Robins in the yard on Saturday - 1st of the season!

The chains have to come off after this rain stops...

I can endure the Winter, but wouldn't want to live somewhere that didn't have the other 3!

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #43  
I saw robins out in pasture yesterday……

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #44  
Pouring rain and 40*+ today is killing what remains of our snow pack with mud to follow.
Chains will stay on till mud is gone because once the mud starts the tractor stays parked to avoid destroying my trails and driveway.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #45  
And most likely it will snow again and even likely to freeze up again.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #46  
Simple solution.... Just get another tractor. One keeps the chains, one without.

Chains come off in April for me. Way too many significant snow storms in March for it to be any other way.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #47  
I was just thinking about putting my chains on and go get some of my firewood out of the woods before all the frost and snow is gone. The problem I have with that is I use the tractor to blow snow at my home and the wood is at another location. While I'm stripping the tractor of the snow blower and move it to the other location, mother nature is watching me and laughing. It's a game she and I play.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #49  
Simple solution.... Just get another tractor. One keeps the chains, one without.

Chains come off in April for me. Way too many significant snow storms in March for it to be any other way.

Might even be able to get by with one tractor with R-1s on it. ;)
Admittedly, ice is tough for any tire.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #50  
I was just thinking about putting my chains on and go get some of my firewood out of the woods before all the frost and snow is gone. The problem I have with that is I use the tractor to blow snow at my home and the wood is at another location. While I'm stripping the tractor of the snow blower and move it to the other location, mother nature is watching me and laughing. It's a game she and I play.
You are a man who could use another tractor.