Removing / Dismounting FEL from CT230?

/ Removing / Dismounting FEL from CT230? #1  

arnoldziffel

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h, Mahindra 2516, several Toro Wheel Horse 522xi machines.
How hard is it to remove the loader from a CT230?

Next summer my tractor may be placed in brush hog mode to groom 5 - 7 acres every couple of weeks. I don't want the loader on the machine when I'm doing this field work.

Is dismounting and then later remounting the loader system really quick and easy or is it a pain?

I have the later Bobcat loader system NOT the Rhino built loader.

Thanks.

/ Removing / Dismounting FEL from CT230? #2  
It is not difficult, especially after doing it once or twice. Secret is to be sure the rear tractor tires are setting on the same plain as the loader bucket. If not able set on concrete slab, put a plank under the loader support jacks to keep them from settling in dirt. When going back in to hookup, if loader pins are higher on one side, back up and put wood block under rear tire on the lower side to bring it up level. Hydraulic hoses at the valve are last to disconnect when removing and first to reconnect when mounting.

/ Removing / Dismounting FEL from CT230? #3  
It is not difficult, especially after doing it once or twice. Secret is to be sure the rear tractor tires are setting on the same plain as the loader bucket. If not able set on concrete slab, put a plank under the loader support jacks to keep them from settling in dirt. When going back in to hookup, if loader pins are higher on one side, back up and put wood block under rear tire on the lower side to bring it up level. Hydraulic hoses at the valve are last to disconnect when removing and first to reconnect when mounting.

What he said. ^^

After you successfully get it off and on. Then do it again. Practice it a couple of times and it will seem very simple. But as stated above the key is the flat (and stable) ground, or even better yet, concrete. I rarely take my loader off where I live now, as I mow very little and use the loader all the time. But at one time when I lived on an acreage where I mowed all the time and used the loader quite a bit too, I took on and off the loader constantly, and it was soon second nature.