Remove melted.rubber from serpentine belt pulleys

/ Remove melted.rubber from serpentine belt pulleys #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
The tensioner pulley bearing locked down causing rubber to melt and to stick tight to the serpentine pulleys in the car I'm driving. I've searched the www and can find plenty of ideas for removing the rubber. What I need is a method from someone who's actually done it without causing damage to any other parts of the auto. An explanation of a tried and true proceedure will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Stuck

/ Remove melted.rubber from serpentine belt pulleys #2  
Brake Kleen.......... I use it all the time on belt pulleys before I install new belts both serpentine & v-grove. If rubber is imbedded in the groves of the serpentine pulley, spray and use a tooth brush, spray again.

/ Remove melted.rubber from serpentine belt pulleys
DirtHauler,
Thank you. When I went to the parts store for another pulley I found that they were much larger than what was on the engine???? It finally occurred to me that when the bearing locked it caused the belt to slide across the plastic pulley until the plastic softened, melted, or just broke away from the bearing. What I thought was the pulley was just the bearing. The water pump pulley was the only thing with much stuck to it. I can't remember whether it was melted rubber or melted plastic. What ever it was, I scraped most of it off and installed the belt and new pulley. So far, so good. The Brake Kleen sounds like it would have done a better job than scraping because I nicked the pulley while scraping. I'll keep it in mind if this comes up again. Thanks again.

/ Remove melted.rubber from serpentine belt pulleys #4  
Do not use Brake Kleen on plastic pulleys or anything else plastic. Try a soft bristled wire brush.