Remove AXLE ASSEMBLY STEERING

/ Remove AXLE ASSEMBLY STEERING #1  

Drew Loker

Tractor
BX23s
Hello.

I have a Craftsman 54” 8400 from 2016. The axel broke to the right wheel. I have identified the part as Craftsman AXLE ASSEMBLY RH STEERING Part# 619-05178.

But I can not get it off. I am about to take a hammer to it, but light tapping has not done the trick to even budge it…so I am hesitant to hit it harder. I thought it was threaded, but it isn’t unscrewing out of the rocker arm. Any ideas?

IMG_3147.jpeg

Assuming I can get this…and a new part installed…the steering is having challenges. I had posted a questioniin the wrong forum. But does anybody have any tips to address the steering issue I had before thie axel broke (that probably contributed to the breakdown).

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpeg
    IMG_3149.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
   / Remove AXLE ASSEMBLY STEERING #2  
From the parts diagram it appears to be a normal bolt. which should come out but appears it may take some persuasion.

/ Remove AXLE ASSEMBLY STEERING
Thanks for the reply.

Since my last post, I have tried a few more times to point it out but can not get it past this point in the picture.

On the chance the grease fitting was causing it to stick, I removed it. No help. The bolt turns if I try to unscrew it, but that’s as high as it goes. I have used a bolt to below to make sure I am hitting the right point. The only other thing I can think of is to cut it off.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

/ Remove AXLE ASSEMBLY STEERING #4  
Did you try prying up on the bolt head while you unscrew? If the threads are toast sometimes this is effective