Removal of pool / deck

/ Removal of pool / deck #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
So - I posted about the electric service to the barn... but I haven't gotten to that yet... But I am darn near done with the removal of the pool, the deck, filling in the sand pit hole and grading it all out nice...

Here's the pictures of the pool - the deck and the field view it blocks from the main deck... as well as some action shots and a close to final image.

We saved all the components that made up the deck and will be "rebuilding" a new deck as a lower level to the existing one... It was all Trex.

The pictures are here: Picasa Web Albums - fishpick - Pool/Deck Rem...

Not very exciting in the images - but man the view is nice now!

/ Removal of pool / deck
1 - it total blocked the view
2 - if you search the forums - we just got rid of a pool last fall at our old house (didn't know we were moving)
3 - in upstate NY - pool equates to cost for pump + cost for chemicals + few days of use...
4 - house has central air - last time I checked I didn't need to "shock" that, scrub that, or vacuum that...

/ Removal of pool / deck #4  
The view is certainly much nicer, I can see why you wanted the pool gone. Above ground pools are difficult to landscape around to make them look good. But if you have a spot off to the side of the yard, they are great at saving some construction funds!

/ Removal of pool / deck #5  
Inground pools are a lot more fun to remove also! I helped a friend do one and playing on the backhoe was a blast!
David from jax