Removal of Gauge Condensation

/ Removal of Gauge Condensation #1  

Keats447

Tractor
Yanmar FX15D
Hello,

Where I am keeping my tractor had a lot of water coming in through the tarp shelter. I double the ceiling (trap) and no there is much less water coming onto the tractor, however the gauges are quit fogging now and wondering any one had any tips or trick to remove the condensation.
I heard you can run the lights on so that the bulb might create some heat, but still a signifigant amount of condensation. Tractor is almost 40 years old so I assume the seal is done.

I will cover the console to keep any more water, just hoping to get them to be able to read when in use.

Thank you.

/ Removal of Gauge Condensation #2  
Hello,

Where I am keeping my tractor had a lot of water coming in through the tarp shelter. I double the ceiling (trap) and no there is much less water coming onto the tractor, however the gauges are quit fogging now and wondering any one had any tips or trick to remove the condensation.
I heard you can run the lights on so that the bulb might create some heat, but still a significant amount of condensation. Tractor is almost 40 years old so I assume the seal is done.

I will cover the console to keep any more water, just hoping to get them to be able to read when in use.

Thank you.
You nee to ask this in the Yanmar section.

The manufacture of the gauges are Nippon-Seiki. They make motorcycle gauges.

You can remove the gauge and place it in the oven on the lowest setting, 90F to 100F for an hour.

And you can get free manuals at the YTOG.

/ Removal of Gauge Condensation #4  
My son would get condensation in his Ford Edge taillights lens in the winter; it wouldn’t go away until summer.

If you can cover the gauge to prevent more water hitting it, but leave room for airflow, then maybe stick a small fan by it to direct even just a small air flow over it; that may dry it out.

Once it’s dry, maybe apply a tiny bead of clear silicone around the edge of the gauge to see if that helps to reduce future condensation.