Relay For Life

/ Relay For Life #1  

PitbullMidwest

Platinum Member
Tractor
1998 Kubota L2900GST
After loosing my father in law to prostate cancer 3 years ago, my family has become involved in the American Cancer Society's annual "Relay For Life". My mother in law heads up the sale of luminaries and this year was their best year yet with over 1000 luminaries purchased to honor survivors and memorialize those who have lost the fight against cancer. I was very proud of my kids who spent 2 days helping set up for the event, write out tributes, assembling luminaries and placing them along the pathway.

The luminaries are lit at dusk and it is quite humbling to think that each represents a life touched or lost to cancer. At 9 PM all activities stopped and the names and tributes were read, for the second year I had the honor of being one of the 4 readers.

If you know someone who has lost their battle with cancer, please consider purchasing a luminary at you local Relay for Life.

BTW, the goal for Des Moines County was $49,000 as of Saturday morning they have raised $62,000.

webpromo.jpg

/ Relay For Life #2  
Sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm glad that you also participate in the Relay for Life.

We lost my cousin 2 years ago this past April to ovarian cancer. For the last 2 years our family has had a team. Last year we raised around $2600 and this year we raised $3500. We do it through Spaghetti dinners, rummage sales, candy bar sales, and a gospel sing - where we also sale food. It is a lot of work but it is for a great cause. Hopefully we can beat this terrible disease one day.

/ Relay For Life #3  
I have lost an uncle many years ago to cancer, a grandmother also many year ago, and her mother way before that. is there a link to a relay for life in Indiana that you could share with us, and or a link to yours up your way?