Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming?

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #131  
How can you make such a blanket statement? It sounds like wild speculation.
I read it, they point out lots of scientific sources, but don't point to any, only their own research, based on their own research.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #132  
If you keep throwing garbage in your backyard, eventually it gets full.
It doesn't matter if we are causing all the climate change or not, we can still clean up our mess.
The earth will keep moving on, whether we are here or not, if it's a meteor, or our CO2, it's still a bit of a problem :)

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #134  
I read it, they point out lots of scientific sources, but don't point to any, only their own research, based on their own research.
That's not offensive in the business. Especially when the work is a survey of other work which is pretty much what the GAST measurement analysis is.
The only counterarguments I can think of about the GAST adjustment data would be: 1) to charge that the data was incomplete thus unreliable, or 2) that the conclusions (if any) are in error.
But to insist that there needed to be supporting works cited to, seems a bridge to far to me.

It's as if I did a paper on the number of times the word "Apostate" was used in this forum and then later revised by the original poster.
To what other research would I cite? I either counted correctly or I didn't.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #135  
Statistics in a sampling of time can ‘prove’ anyones point…

The market has done amazing this year!
IMG_2170.JPG

The market has done terrible this year!
IMG_2171.JPG

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #136  
That's not offensive in the business. Especially when the work is a survey of other work which is pretty much what the GAST measurement analysis is.
The only counterarguments I can think of about the GAST adjustment data would be: 1) to charge that the data was incomplete thus unreliable, or 2) that the conclusions (if any) are in error.
But to insist that there needed to be supporting works cited to, seems a bridge to far to me.

It's as if I did a paper on the number of times the word "Apostate" was used in this forum and then later revised by the original poster.
To what other research would I cite? I either counted correctly or I didn't.
It seems the more I read it, the less this report makes sense.
The only thing they point out, ultimately, is that the corrections made to the data over time may have made it seem like the temps went up without looking at cyclical data which could have impacted the data.
While this makes sense, it does not invalidate the data and does comparisons with disparate data to get to this conclusion, and most data is stopped at certain years in their comparisons, even though newer data is available, and used in other comparisons.

So the data models are not accurate and constantly being adjusted. Don't need a masters to see that.
That the data may make things look like they are warmer than they are, well who did they tell that to? Certainly if they are this sure they should publish for NOAA peer review.

That would make it something to be noticed.

Has that happened, I don't think so, not every scientist agrees on everything and I am sure there is someone who could champion this through the process.

We count on scientists to openly discuss this, and some have.

But I just came back from Switzerland where a 12,000 year old glacier is disappearing at an accelerating rate over the last few decades, enough that I can see the change and the layers can be measured in how many years they contain.

I hope it's just a cycle, but why not clean up our act just in case?

20220704_193134.jpg

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #137  
Says right there that /pine is a yam.
LoL...Obviously you could use a remedial course in reading comprehension....! (check with the local community college...you may not even need a GED to enroll...!)

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #139  
Just because the media calls a storm 1000 year storm is enough evidence for a thinking person to know they are blowing smoke. We don't have 1000 years of good data. Heck, we don't have 200 years of good data.
Sitting next to the Cascadia Subduction Fault, I can tell you that 1000 year events leave plenty of traces that can be analyzed and dated. Thinking you have to shuffle through old newspapers for records is nonsense. The Earth speaks.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #140  
That paper cherry picks its data in an effort to discredit it. Fortunately for those of us who respect reality, NOAA and NASA have satellite data that is not subject to local variations.

I have no idea why the denialists are so dedicated to denying facts. It makes no sense.