Red Off Road Fuel

/ Red Off Road Fuel #1  

Kubota 2350

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 JD 3046R Cab ...................... Mower: 2016 Scag Tiger Cat II ZTM
Red Off Road Fuel

I used the off road fuel in my Kubota, and my JD 4310 for years without any problems, I now have a JD 3046 with the DPF and was wondering if that fuel is OK for this tractor.

I can go to the gas station and get regular road diesel but I like cheaper stuff.

Tractor was delivered with red dyed fuel.

Anyone know the difference between the two fuels beside cost?

/ Red Off Road Fuel #2  
Should make no difference. The fuel is the same only the color changes for LE to determine if you are using non-taxed fuel on the highways.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #3  
As long as the red dye fuel is ULSD you will be fine. It is still #2 diesel.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #4  
More than likely the fuel came from the same tank at the refinery as regular #2 ULSD. When it gets loaded on the truck the dye is added to identify tax status.

/ Red Off Road Fuel
Thanks.

Next time I go for fuel I'll have to look and see if it says ULSD on the pump.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #6  
I called on this locally and they said it was the same fuel except the dye.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #7  
Stickers on the pumps are notoriously obsolete at times. Often say LSD WHEN everything for the past few years has been ULSD. You can ask, but the cash register jockey rarely knows. Almost need to catch the delivery guy & ask him.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #8  
The only place in town that sells red diesel still has the old 1970s pumps. I wouldn't put much faith in the label.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #9  
ULSD has been required since 2007, I think it's a safe bet that any fresh fuel you buy, with or without red die, is ULSD. Your tractor will run fine on either, I use which ever I can easily get. Sometimes I'm just filling one 5 gallon can as I fill my truck, thus it's on road, no die. Other times, if it's multiple cans or the 55 gallon drum, I get off road with the die, and save about 25 to 30 cents on the gallon.

/ Red Off Road Fuel #10  
Red Off Road Fuel

Tractor was delivered with red dyed fuel.

Anyone know the difference between the two fuels beside cost?

If tractor was delivered with red off road fuel then that should answer your own question. Both road & off-road fuel is fine for your tractor. Today there's no difference in sulfur content for either color diesel fuel. Technically off road should cost the same less the charge for state & federal road tax. Years ago in Texas I received full amount off for rd tax but now only get 30 cents out of 44.4 cents for both state & federal taxes