Recycling

/ Recycling #1  

Lloyd_E

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti DK 45 sc
Rural people are known for their recycling abilities. Holding something for future use...

I have been hanging onto these doors for over 10 years. Woke up Saturday with an idea and almost completed the project within the day... had lots of family and friends drop in unexpectedly. Still need to flash and paint and add a bit more trim as well as remove the old brick and redo walkway.

lloyd

Attachments

• IMG_6843.JPG
    IMG_6843.JPG
    935.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6855.JPG
    IMG_6855.JPG
    884.5 KB · Views: 157
   / Recycling #2  
Looks good, a nice upgrade. Letting some light in will be nice I bet. That was good recycling :)
Dave.

/ Recycling
Dave,

Yup. It makes a difference plus adds some solar gain for heat. I will be re-roofing this summer and may add sky-lights. On the opposite side of this shed wing - to the right - I will be adding a 12'x22' green house. I will be posting about this project in the next few weeks.

Lloyd

/ Recycling #4  
Lloyd, looks really nice, good improvement and as far as redoing the brick, heck that doesn't look all that bad, widen and lvevl out the curved ones.

Wayne

/ Recycling #5  
Lloyd,

Looks great - nice job at recycling - I did a similar recylcing of old patio doors into hot boxes to start plantings in a few years ago.

The only REAL concern is someone must have driven your Kioti away while you were hard at work!

Did you find it yet?

/ Recycling
Thanks Wayne and Carl.

The bricks will go and I will add a small wooden deck - another bit of recycling...
The kioti doesn't leave my sight. I tried to teach the wife to drive it but she is really not that interested... although it would be good to have a second person that is capable of assisting at times. It would free up more time for me to do other things.

/ Recycling #7  
The thing about recycling, most people throw stuff into a bin at the curb and declare "I recycled". The truth is they only collected.
Recycle is when you actually reuse something.
My favorite thing to recycle are catalogues. NO NOT IN THE BATHROOM! When I pass on a catalogue or flyer if they order from it the company usually asks them for my customer number from it and then they send me more catalogues/flyers routinely because they know I am passing them around. Think of the money/resources saved if everyone did this!

/ Recycling #8  
Rural people are known for their recycling abilities. Holding something for future use...

I have been hanging onto these doors for over 10 years. Woke up Saturday with an idea and almost completed the project within the day... had lots of family and friends drop in unexpectedly. Still need to flash and paint and add a bit more trim as well as remove the old brick and redo walkway.

lloyd

That's a nice job. These doors also make excellent shop windows when installed horizontally - I have three in my shop.