recently bought a MF 40b. how do i operate the transmission?

/ recently bought a MF 40b. how do i operate the transmission? #1  

anotheruser

Tractor
MF 40b
i just bought a 40b, and honestly have no idea how to operate a shuttle tranny, and all the markings are worn off the handle. the guy delivered it for me, and that was about it. is it sequential shift? pattern? clutch or clutchless gear changes?

/ recently bought a MF 40b. how do i operate the transmission? #2  
Your tractor would be a instareverse. The two pedals on the right are for forward / reverse, the left two pedals are the brakes. Make sure both shifters are in the middle position (neutral) and start the tractor. Put the transmission in gear with the tractor at idle, the left shifter is the gear selector, and the right is the range selector. Put both shifters in the forward position, then press the pedal for the direction you wish to travel. The more you push the pedal the faster you will go.
The directional pedals on the instareverse are tied to the shuttle transmission, and the engine throttle. It first engages the gears to go the desired direction then it applies throttle the more you push causing the tractor to move faster.
to rev the engine up in neutral without having to move the hand throttle push both pedals at once.

/ recently bought a MF 40b. how do i operate the transmission?
thanks, i just got it going this afternoon.

not quite sure what im doing yet, but ill get the hang of it as i go.