Recent visitor

/ Recent visitor #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
The last few days this little fellow has been hanging around close to the house. We are starting to see a few more of them as urban development drives them out from some habitats. They are welcome here.

We also have about 7 Kookaburras that stay close by the house. They respond if you call them. We may have more soon as some are nesting. This one is sitting on a frangipani branch right beside our back porch.

/ Recent visitor #3  
You say they are welcome. Is there some reason to like or dislike them other than just enjoying seeing them.?

/ Recent visitor #4  
I planted two Koala bear trees about 15 years ago but sill haven't seen any bears. :)

I call them Koala Bear Trees because I can never remember the name of them. They smell good though. :confused3:

/ Recent visitor
Eucalypts is correct. Many trees come under that name. The Koala will also eat bottlebrush and several other shrubs.
When I say they are welcome here, it is because development drives them away from some areas all because of the demand for new housing and hungry developers that couldn't care less about the Koala. They are harmless, beautiful little things. I even patted one as he climbed a tree one day and he wasn't concerned. Who could dislike a soft furry little creature like that?
I own 40 acres and it will never be developed as it is beside a National Park.
Unfortunately there is serious concern for the long term welfare of the Koala because their habitat is slowly being destroyed.
CCWKen. Sorry mate, you will never see a Koala Bear as there is no such thing. Only Koalas. :laughing:

/ Recent visitor #7  
With the park and all the trees, any problems with drop bears?

Bruce

/ Recent visitor #8  
Enjoyed the photos!