Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #1  

Boomerboy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I am having a difficult time in locating where I can buy a 2-pole plug that fits the 2-pole plug on the right rear wiring harness of my TC29D.

I recently purchased a 15 gal. sprayer for Big Blue, and am having a rear bracket fabricated to mount the tank from the Top Link bracket on the back of the tractor. The tank will sit up high, near the level of the SMV sign. This allows my rear bucket to have full movement during those summer days when I feel I need lots of toys mounted to Big Blue. All is working out great, but I can not find the 2-pole plug needed to connect to the rear worklight plug supplied in the wiring harness.

I have visited all of my local auto parts stores and have found 3 pole and higher, but no 2-pole plugs. The Internet has not yet provided any answers in searching auto/12v/plug sights.

This morning I picked up Big Blue from my NH dealer (in for a 150 hr. service) and I asked for the 2-pole plug. He knew nothing of such a thing and asked if I had modified the harness myself. I took him over to the showroom to a new TC29D and showed him the plug. He was surprised and said he was totally unaware of it in the factor harness. (Things in life that make you go Hmm /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif. He could offer me no support for this part.

I can cut off the factor plug and go with something else, but I hate to modify the factor wiring harness unless absolutely must. I know someone out there knows where I can get this plug. I would appreciate yuor help! Thanks.

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #2  
You can just buy electrical connectors (crimp type) that will fit in each side of the plug (1 male and 1 female). I don't remember the exact name of the plugs but you should be able to find them at a Home Depot, etc. I bought a pack of about 16-20 for about 3 or 4 bucks to hook up my rear work lights.

Spence

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #3  
I think they call them "bullet" connectors. The connector on the tractor looks to be the same as the ones found on old Ford cars and trucks. You might go to a junkyard and look around on some '60s Fords and see what you can find.

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #4  
I had trouble finding those connectors as well. I did find a few at an Advance Auto store. Just keep going to different auto parts stores and you'll come across one that does have them.

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery
Thanks for the help guys! Keep on pullin' /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #6  
what does ot look like? Is it a male-female or double female is it round or flat? My tc21 just has a couple of bullet females tied off at the post. Have you tried any car audio or cb shops. You'd be amazed at the different stiles.Just for 2prong 12v plugs.

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #7  
Why hassle with trying to find the plug.. it looks like it is a very hard to find part.. just just bullet or spade terminals to connect into it, then wire those to some standard plug you wish to use... wrap the extra wires in wire loom, or spagetti tubing.. ( radio shack )

Chris

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #8  
I picked up a nice rear work light at Walmart. It is a quartz halogen job with the correct connector , so it plugged right in no problem. I mounted it at the base of the ROPs. The cost was 8.99.

Bob in the woods of Vermont

/ Rear Worklight Plug - A Mystery #9  
The factory light kit from New Holland comes with two bullet connectors that crimp onto the wires of the light in the kit so this is all you really need to hook a light into this plug.