Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Rear Snow blower for Kubota BX2200

/ Rear Snow blower for Kubota BX2200 #11  
I have a 54" Pronovost Puma attached to my BX22, which I believe has similar hp rating as your BX2200. I have a recent post on this forum about it, which provides more details.
I considered a 48 but opted for the 54 because the price difference was minimal as was the weight difference plus the additional 3" per side gives me a wider path beyond my tractor width.
BTW, some have suggested buying a used unit. All I can say is good luck finding one during this snowy winter...

/ Rear Snow blower for Kubota BX2200
Welcome to the forum.

Hey, DHD, thanks for the shout-out and info. Your home town is one of my favorites in the state. Spent some very fun summers as a kid at the UMF music camp. And now pass through there on my way to Sugarloaf or Saddleback.
After speaking to two Kubota dealers and one John Deere dealer, it was my impression that their snowblowers were basically made by Frontier and/or Bervac Blizzard. One dealer also had a unit by Landpride, which may be made by someone else as well. But the Frontier's were highly regarded, and I would just as soon get a local unit for convenience and service, and keep the $ local.
After reading from the collective wisdom, I am inclined to go with the 54 inch and simply be cautious about the demands of places on that stout Kubota engine.
At this point I do not have a cab because I've never felt the need for one simply moving snow around with a bucket. But I appreciate the value of enclosure when blowing snow. Or maybe keeping the black flies and mosquitoes off in the summer. Should I look at the Kubota enclosure or search for an aftermarket?
If the nice folks in Farmington have a hankering for a bit more snow we on the coast can fix them right up.
Cheers

I went with a 51 inch rear snowblower see picture, 2 seasons now, I don't mind the rear facing aspect because it is far to advantageous to have bucket still usable . At times when pushing back my banks or fine tuning around obstacles, need the bucket...or back dragging sidewalks down to concrete , or digging in areas you are not sure if anything is on ground that would otherwise clog blower............mine is an AgriEase

Thanks. Nice looking rig. Is that a Kubota cab?

Learning curve is steep here. I have been reading about folks who fashion custom skids for the rear rig especially if they are clearing gravel surfaces - like my road. Can someone post pics of what they have made to give me an idea.
Obliged, again.

/ Rear Snow blower for Kubota BX2200 #15  
Learning curve is steep here. I have been reading about folks who fashion custom skids for the rear rig especially if they are clearing gravel surfaces - like my road. Can someone post pics of what they have made to give me an idea.
Obliged, again.

I just use the stock skids on the Frontier blower.
Along with adjusting the skids up or down, (I did this once 2 years ago and haven't touched them since)
There is the top link adjustment ( part of the 3 pt. hitch system)
I do adjust my top link in (to roll back or raises the cutting edge) or out ( to roll forward or lower the cutting edge).

Every snow storm I have the following snow blowing tasks:
01). snow blow a 530 foot gravel driveway
02). snow blow a 300 ft gravel driveway
03). snow blow about 200 ft of snow bank left by the highway's snow plows.
So it gets a great deal of use, especially this winter season.

As I am backing up while snow blowing, I'll occasionally look down at the area that my snow blower has just blown snow from, (between the tractor and the snow blower) you can get a good idea if the cutting edge of the blower needs to be raised or lowered just from the results you see on your freshly blown gravel driveway.
I usually don't worry if I'm leaving too much snow, I'm more concern of possibly digging into the gravel. Some times you'll hear small pieces of gravel going through the snow blower.
When I hear gravel, I just stop, raise my snow blower just a little, proceed backwards maybe one foot, then drop the blower down again. then slowly start snow blowing again and listen for gravel.
Usually this gravel incident occurs while I'm snow blowing up an incline.
When you start snow blowing, just go slow, there is a learning curve but it's really simple stuff.

Sedge1........You mentioned the UMF Music Camp.
My wife and I use to go to the evening sessions during July to see the music instructors perform.
Very talented bunch of folks.

What instrument did play when you attended Music Camp?

/ Rear Snow blower for Kubota BX2200 #16  
Thanks. Nice looking rig. Is that a Kubota cab?

Nope homemade........wood frame , plastic windows (wood frame) lower sections done in heavy black felt fabric. ...keeps me out of wind and in summer take sides off ......so still have shade.