rear remotes ym1700d

/ rear remotes ym1700d #1  

todda323

Bronze Member
Tractor
yanmar1700bd
Firstly I appologize for my extreme ignorance of hydraulics. I am looking to add rear remotes to my 1700d. I am sure some of these questions have been asked before and once again I appologize. I was wondering what size high pressure hose I will want to runn from the 10 mm high pressure line in to my spool valve and will I want to run this same size line out of my spool valve back in to the 10 mm line. Also I must say thanks to the fine folks at Hoy for helping me through some pretty rudimentry questions I had for them. Great folks there. Any way one more point of question was braught up by a friend. Has any one had any issues with pressure or back flow between the three point flow valve and the the spool valve. i was told that since the high pressure flex hose exiting the spool valve is larger than the 10 mm line it runs back in to this may create a pressure problem or possibly back flow which may damage my pump. If this is the case would I use a check valve and if so where is the best placement for the check.

/ rear remotes ym1700d
also I forgot to mention that the main use for this project will be for a power angle blade. i am planning to use two double acting cylinders tying in the lines so that when one side extends the other one will retract etc. I want to incorporate the option for a hyd top link as well. Are there any return flow issues between the cylinders and the spool valve I need to be concerned with in these instnaces? As I undrstand (possibly correctly) I tie in to my HP line using 10mm route to my open center spool valve, back in to my HP line prior to the 3pt flow controll valve. From there just plug in to the appropriate ports on valve and run to the cylinder main inlet, crosing the secondary inlets so return flow causes the appropriate cylinder to retract as one extends. I may be way way off but this is how I have put it togeather in my head. Any input or ideas suggestions or critisism (constructive) are greatly apprecited

/ rear remotes ym1700d #3  
This is really more of a 'bump' to keep the topic near the top than an answer, as I'm very new as well. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will have an intelligent answer.

My .02 worth, is that how could using a larger diameter hose than the port create back pressure? The fluid will flow through the center of the hose. It's my understanding of simply household pumbing, that if you have a 2" pipe, and only 1/2" fittings, that there will be approx 1/2" diameter of water moving within the 2" pipe with a large portion of the remaining water not moving at all. Which, explains why when I drain my lines I get all kinds of garbage out of them.

So, if fluid dynamics are the same in hydraulics, I fail to see how backpressure could be caused by using a larger diameter hose than the fittings being used.

/ rear remotes ym1700d #4  
todda323 said:
....... From there just plug in to the appropriate ports on valve and run to the cylinder main inlet, crosing the secondary inlets so return flow causes the appropriate cylinder to retract as one extends. I may be way way off but this is how I have put it togeather in my head. Any input or ideas suggestions or critisism (constructive) are greatly apprecited

you should look into a crossover valve. something like this: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/110503-snowplow-crossover-valve.html#post1261809

/ rear remotes ym1700d
Jimmer, I really appreciate your reply. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get any. I have run in to some really bad luck with help from my dealer and the local hydro shop. I didn't want to bug the guys at Hoy with too many trivial questions so I turned to the knowledgable folks here on TBN. I think the point I was trying to illustrate as it was explained to me is that you have a 3/8 or half inch hose coming from your 10mm line on the pump side. This hose is run in to your spool valve. It then exits your spool valve and goes back in to the 10mm line. When the larger 3/8 hose fills with fluid it now has a greater volume of fluid passing through it than it did when it was 10mm. This greater volume of fluid is stuffed back in to the 10mm line which is smaller creating pressure because now the volume of fluid is greater than it was when the whole line was 10mm. Will this increased pressure damage my pump or spool or 3pt valve? I don't know if this is true but it was a qustion a fire fighter buddy of mine braught up. Once again man I really appreciate your help here because, knowing as little as I do about the subject, it seems plausible that this could happen causing damage to something.

/ rear remotes ym1700d #6  
you may want to try re-posting this in the general, Hydraulics section to get better visibality, as this really isn't yanmar specific.

/ rear remotes ym1700d
does any one know if on a ym1700bd there is a place for a PB return with out having to plumb in? Possibly under the seat near the 3pt lock?

/ rear remotes ym1700d #8  
Bringing up an old thread here. A friend of mine recently bought a ym240d, nice looking tractor with him being the 3rd owner. Anyways he wants to add a spool valve at the rear of the tractor to use for something (can't remember what). Does anyone have a diagram of how to plumb this? Or would it be similar to adding a loader? Thanks for any help