Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ?

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #1  

JCoastie

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE
I have a MT240HE, and am thinking about having the rear remote valve installed. My purpose is for a hydraulic top link.
Dealer quoted me the below which seems fair
The single valve is 422.45; the dual is 643.48. Both would be subject to shipping charges. The install would be $180.
Trying to decide on single or dual remotes.
Other than a backhoe which I do not plan to purchase, what other implements might I use the 2nd remote for?
I already have a 3rd function valve installed up forward for a grapple/etc.

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #2  
You will never go wrong with having 2 rear remotes... especially if one is going to be used for a top link.

I currently have 3 rear remotes, use 2 for top n' tilt & the third for everything else. I don't want to disconnect my top n' tilt to use other attachments unless I need to.
We use the other one for the backhoe, hydraulic feed on the 3pt chipper, snow blower chute rotation & angle adjustment on the rear blade I borrow sometime. I'm sure there will future attachments we will use it for also. We didn't have top n' tilt on our machine when we first got it... now that we have it I wouldn't want one without it.

It really comes down to is how you use your tractor & what you are going to use for attachment.... not just now but down the road. But I would want at least 2 sets of rear remotes...

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #3  
2 questions for you.

If you only get 1 RR now, how much is it to get the 2nd one? My guess is it will be $643.48 plus shipping and installation.
Unless LS has changed how the do things, they use mono block valves, so you would need to purchase the complete 2 valve set, not just a single stack on valve.
After spending all the $$ that you have on this tractor, it is it not worth another $220 to have the 2nd rear remote that you may or may not need?

Best to have it and not need it vs needing it and not having it when it only costs $220.

Just my :2cents:, good luck with your final decision. ;)

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #4  
I'd get the two. I have two on mine, and at some point, I'd like a third. You already have a third function, which is what I'd use my third for. I'm looking at a 'Top N Tilt' kit which will take two remotes. Also considering a snow blower, which will take two (one for the shute and the other for the deflector) with a third for the snow plow (third function).

Thing is, you may not need that second remote now, but you might in the future. I'd get it now and have it, so it is there when you need it.

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #5  
2 questions for you.

If you only get 1 RR now, how much is it to get the 2nd one? My guess is it will be $643.48 plus shipping and installation.
Unless LS has changed how the do things, they use mono block valves, so you would need to purchase the complete 2 valve set, not just a single stack on valve.
After spending all the $$ that you have on this tractor, it is it not worth another $220 to have the 2nd rear remote that you may or may not need?

Best to have it and not need it vs needing it and not having it when it only costs $220.

Just my :2cents:, good luck with your final decision. ;)

What Brian said in Spades!!!! If you can get 3 for an additional $220 on top, go for it. At $220 a pop for additionals, get all you can get!!!!

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #6  
Consider 3 remotes, 2 for top & tilt + extra remote for an implement.

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #7  
I actually bought the front Remote kit from my JD Dealer, when tractor was purchased new, installed it myself, did a nicer job routing hoses than they would have and SAVED money. The instructions are all included.

The more the better.

Last edited:
   / Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ?
Thanks all, agreed, for only an extra $220, the smart move is to get the dual remotes.

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #9  
The more the better

/ Rear Remotes, one set or 2 ? #10  
I have 4 remotes on mine. The grader blade uses them all.