rear remotes on 270DTC

/ rear remotes on 270DTC #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Just in case any FarmTrac people are interested I posted a thread in the hydraulics section showing how I added some rear remotes to my 270DTC. Here is a link to that thread.

/ rear remotes on 270DTC #3  
Great job! When shopping for my tractor, my final selections were the 27 HP Montana (with rear remotes) and the Farmtrac, without. I got both dealers to within a few hundred bucks of one another, and both seemed easy to work with. The Montana dealer was in your neck of the woods while I could walk to the Farmtrac dealer from my home just east of Syracuse.

I went blue and as we all know, blue went belly up.

I'd be interested in hearing what you'd do differently if you were to do the job again. Finally, what is a TNT (referenced in the Hydraulics thread)? I probably will want one of those too. :)

/ rear remotes on 270DTC
The TnT is a top and tilt. It is a hydraulic top link and a hydraulic side link. Just to note if you got the 270 putting in a hydraulic side link has its compromises. I got mine from CCM and they have to use a 4" stroke cylinder to fit. And it will be like running the stock links in the bottom holes. I have yet to get the side link due to hay season, CCM's main business, but I have lowered the 3PH connections to be sure I can work with it that low. It seems to be fine but I have most of my equipment on dollies which puts the lower link pins just about at full height. It sure does make life easier when brush hogging. Having to shorten up the top link to pick it up then lengthen it allow for float was just annoying before the added hydraulics.

Probably the only thing I would do differently would be to get a quote on hoses before buying. I have noticed my elbow comes close to the valve and it does get warm. I am planning on covering all the lines with the nylon abrasion covers so that might help a little, not that it is much of a problem.